Did I get a new NX-3500?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

N12345

Did I get a new NX-3500?

Post by N12345 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:58 am

Hello,

Just received my NX-3500 PSU from endpcnoise.com. I opened the box to find there was no manual or power (wall) cord. Is this normal? I've never purchased a PSU outside of a case before. The PSU itself is sealed in bubble wrap, and the box was crinkly-shrink wrapped. Also, the PSU, um, 'smells' new. Seems a little fishy to me, but in all honesty I don't know if these things come with a PSU or not (box doesn't say, and www.silentpcreview.com won't load for me atm).

Thanks.

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:40 am

Manual: Often not.
Power cord: Usually, but its not unusual not to have one. (you can just reuse your old one)

New Smell: Yup, that's normal. It's also normal for it to produce some odor when you first use it as the oils inside burn off. ("burn" is the wrong word, but basically that's the idea)

N12345

Post by N12345 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:27 am

I thought it may have a manual since even some keyboards and mice come with a 2-3 page "manual". I am going to reuse my old cord, it just looked like there was a space for it in the box and I wanted to make sure it wasn't supposed to be there.

Oh, and I meant I was glad it had the "new component smell" i.e. not used and returned. :) Thanks.

Jim Byram
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Did I get a new NX-3500?

Post by Jim Byram » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:22 pm

N12345 wrote:Hello,

Just received my NX-3500 PSU from endpcnoise.com. I opened the box to find there was no manual or power (wall) cord. Is this normal? I've never purchased a PSU outside of a case before. The PSU itself is sealed in bubble wrap, and the box was crinkly-shrink wrapped. Also, the PSU, um, 'smells' new. Seems a little fishy to me, but in all honesty I don't know if these things come with a PSU or not (box doesn't say, and www.silentpcreview.com won't load for me atm).

Thanks.
I received one from them in February in exactly the same condition. There have been similar comments on the forum so this is apparently normal for the Nexus packaging.