zalman or quiet pc?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

gehan

zalman or quiet pc?

Post by gehan » Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:05 am

I'm new to all this quiet pc business and I'm about get a new PSU, since mine sounds like it's about to take off.

I am stuck between the Zalman ZM300A-APF and the 300w psu on quietpc.com. Does anyone have any expericence of them or know which one, on the whole, is more of a silent silent psu?

cheers, Gehan

also considering a zalman 6000cu flower heatsink for my athlon 1.4ghz. im not an overclocker.[/code]

ChiefWeasel

Post by ChiefWeasel » Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:14 am

Theres reviews of both units in the Review Section. The one from QuietPC is the Q-Technology one. I have the Q-Tech one, and it is very quiet, but ive never heard the Zalman, so cant offer a comparison...[/url]

Tulip

Post by Tulip » Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:19 am

The original Zalman Power Supply was anything but quiet, the new one (ZM300A) is REALLY impressive, extremely quiet but also not exactly cheap. I'm a Pentium 4 user (1.8 Northwood), and have the Zalman 6500A-CU CPU cooler running on it at the lowest setting (1450rpm). Again, extremely impressive. Just waiting now for the new Zalman Heatpipe for my Graphics Card (Hercules 8500 Radeon). As you can see, i'm a dedicated Zalman user and believe me, my standards are extremely high and luckily, my PC is now finally QUIET.

One final tip, get some sort of noise deadener (NoVibes or similar) for your HDD. It's amazing just how much of a difference these make.

quokked

Post by quokked » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:40 pm

Or you could get a normal specced power supply and swap the fan out for a L1A panaflow I had some success with it but then I had to move to the M1A panaflow because the PSU fan was venting the entire case as well and the computer was randomly rebooting while running 100% load oops :roll: