Processors and Presidents...

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Which CPU brand would you choose for a PC today? ::: Who did you vote for?

AMD ::: Bush
17%
AMD ::: Kerry
54%
AMD ::: Didn't vote, I think "It's like choosing between a giant douche and a turd sandwich"*
13%
Intel ::: Bush
No votes
Intel ::: Kerry
4%
Intel ::: Didn't vote, I think "It's like choosing between a giant douche and a turd sandwich"*
13%

Total votes: 24

Mats

Processors and Presidents...

Post by Mats » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:04 pm

...well I'm just curious, and possibly insane.

For people in the US only!!!

Everybody must vote!!!

To all who are using IBM, Motorola, Transmeta, VIA or other and you who didn't vote for the big boys: I'm sorry. Feel free to make a new poll!

I'm not allowed to vote...
:cry:
:(
:)
:D
:lol:
...good for me!

* From South Park episode 808 - Douche and Turd.

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:22 am

Um, um.

What's the purpose of this? :roll:

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:25 am

I dunno. I would use both Intel AND AMD CPUs in my computers depending on the need and nature of the usage.

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:36 am

A more interesting one would be which processor is which candidate.

My take: Bush = Presscot. Hot, inefficient, noisy, everybody hates it but it's still the bestseller

Mats

Post by Mats » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:28 am

Rusty075 wrote:What's the purpose of this? :roll:
This poll is by no means serious, I thought that was obvious. I had some idea about finding some connection between the two subjects, I really don't know what it's like over there so therefore I made this poll.
sthayashi wrote:I dunno. I would use both Intel AND AMD CPUs in my computers depending on the need and nature of the usage.
Well I meant which one you'd choose today, since the preferable CPU might change over time depending on performance in different aspects and price. And with PC I really mean personal computer, that is not a server or the machines you use at work (that is not so obvious). If you still don't know what to choose, well what can I say? I have a hard time getting money for one computer so maybe I don't understand. But hey, dunno what would happen if I had more $, time will tell. I know that video encoding runs better on one machine and games on another, but that wouldn't make me buy more machines at the same time, age is mostly more important than brand, at least with high end CPUs.

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:26 am

Mats wrote:This poll is by no means serious, I thought that was obvious. I had some idea about finding some connection between the two subjects..
I wasn't meaning to be critical, what I meant to ask was more like, "what connection are you looking for?" I kinda assumed it was not meant as serious. :lol:

Trip
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Trip » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:37 pm

I put AMD and Kerry b/c I preferred Kerry to Bush. I voted third party though. In retrospect, I should have selected "didn't vote"?

Mats

Post by Mats » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:53 pm

Rusty075 wrote:
Mats wrote:This poll is by no means serious, I thought that was obvious. I had some idea about finding some connection between the two subjects..
I wasn't meaning to be critical, what I meant to ask was more like, "what connection are you looking for?" I kinda assumed it was not meant as serious. :lol:
Ahh, good! For a while I really thought that I've gone too far or something. I took your comment very serious and in a wrong way, and thought "where is the sense of humor I see coming from these guys everyday?"

Mats

Post by Mats » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:56 pm

...and a big THANK YOU!! to trip and that other guy/girl who voted so far! :) :)

Mats

Post by Mats » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:35 pm

From this 10 votes I can tell that it's mostly AMD voters that got a sense of humor. Hmm.... maybe time for a new poll... :wink: :D

mathias

Post by mathias » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:59 pm

burcakb wrote:My take: Bush = Presscot. Hot, inefficient, noisy, everybody hates it but it's still the bestseller
Ironic, dubya had a grandfather or great grandfather called prescott bush.