Best & quietest cpu cooler for dual PIII mobo?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

black cat fan

Best & quietest cpu cooler for dual PIII mobo?

Post by black cat fan » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:53 am

Hi all - I have acquired an AMR D6VAA dual Pentium Motherboard with 2 1 GHZ PIIIs, which i'm using as the basis for a new system. The current cpu fan/heatsink combination sounds like a helicopter taking off inside the case, so I want to replace them with something much quieter. I've looked at the Coolermaster IHC l61, which gets good reviews, but I suspect it will be too big for the space available on the mobo. The same applies (even more so) to the Zalman Flower Coolers.
Has anyone any suggestions for cooling & quietness with the degree or compactness required for a dual mobo? Or will the Coolermaster fit?

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:08 am

The Thermalright SLK800 will probably do very nicely. It's narrow enough to fit yet has enormous cooling power. I use it on a P3 1.1G Tualatin with a Panaflo 80L at 5V in a silent machine. Stays absolutely cool.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:23 am

Another big thumbs up for the SLK-800. It has a very small footprint and cools real well.

Don't even consider the Coolermaster, they suck. They don't cool particularly well and are noisey.