OH NO!!! Help with an ABIT KV8pro Motherboard...

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

OH NO!!! Help with an ABIT KV8pro Motherboard...

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:11 pm

I cant figure out if its even possible to turn off this stupid moronic fan speed protection on my motherboard. I updated it to best bios too.

help!!

suggestions?? I dont want to use a fan in the system besides rear which is a pabst which what i own and has no rpm monitoring on it... im running water this week, or so i wanted to!!

dfrost

Post by dfrost » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:20 am

You may be able to modify the settings for your fan. To turn off the NB fan alarm and lower fan speed limits on my Abit AI7 motherboard, the relevant file was:

C:/Program Files/Abit/Abit uGuru/AI7def

Scroll through this Notepad to the fan of interest, then change:

Enable = 0 (was 1)
Beep Enable = 0 (was 1)

Save File

In Abit uGuru, click on "Monitor Settings" then select the fan you changed, click on "Default" and "Appy Default" at the bottom.

I'm doing this all from memory, so apologies if it's not strictly correct. I'll check this thread tonight when I'm sitting at the Abit-equipped system.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:59 pm

well it never stopped monitoring the fan speed even if said it wasnt :) still showed 1400 1500 range which was my zalman was set at. I turned off the emergency shutoff for fanspeed. so it just wont do anything now. Kinda not the way I wanted it to work but blech who cares now :)