It IS fascinating to see new work from the BIG GUY! Some interesting ideas
- 120mm fans for CPU/case cooling on back panel for higher airflow without too much more noise
- PSU on bottom so heat of CPU/PSU don't combine and concentrate in the same place.
- the simple fact of Dell muscling into this sector!
- heatpipes are effective at moving the heat from a bad spot to a better spot where is is more easily/effectively cooled. The HP cooler looks like nothing but a marketing gimmick; why do you need heatpipes to move the heat 1"?
- 40mm fans -- dumb, dumb. Maybe they have some totally swift new bearing technology (tho I doubt it) -- but even if they did, implementing it in a larger fan would make more sense
Still would love to get my hanbds on one to examine for ideas / excution and of course rip it to... oh, I mean give it a thorough review.