Check out Cardboard Case Computers

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Check out Cardboard Case Computers

Post by Bluefront » Sat May 03, 2003 3:14 am

Heh....The future of cheap cases? How do you clean off crayon marks? A mouse ate a hole in my Cardboard server. Oh boy. :D

http://www.lupo.co.jp/develop/ccpc/ccpcbox_index.html

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Sat May 03, 2003 5:11 am

I like it - you can go beserk with your own waterpaints etc. The original origami job to assemble - I guess it comes flatpacked :D And adding an extra blowhole is easy - who needs a holesaw!

But actually could be really silent: gives fairly soft mounting to all moving parts, and I figure cardboard should damp sound better than metal? Also intended for those mini-ITX format Via mobos which are low power anyway. Looks like overall dimensions 188 (W) * 211 (D) * 375 (H) (all mm).

Slightly duff airflow arrangements: presumably the psu exhausts at the bottom/rear, with another exhaust in the middle/rear, and the only intake appears to be closer to the top/rear. Suspect would be better to have that rear case fan as an intake.

fancontrol

Post by fancontrol » Sat May 03, 2003 6:57 am

Did you look at the 'Himmel' on the same site? There are some pretty slick ideas there, really.

I would like to see at least a carbon-black coating on the cardboard. If not that, maybe a lightning rod? Or fire extinguisher?