Are you bored to death or just tired?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Bored
20%
Tired
40%
So f*cking bored i couldn´t care less about these polls.
25%
No, im as happy as i have ever been and overwhelmed with energy
15%

Total votes: 20

nici

Post by nici » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:38 am

so are you bored?

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:23 am

The choice of answers do not reflect the poll title. To answer the title, I can feel a pulse, so it's the latter.

mathias

Post by mathias » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:01 pm

How could someone be bored to death? Do people commit suicide from boredom or something? Or are they just so bored that their heart won't work fast enough? There probably would be external blood pumps if that was a problem.

That reminds me of an idea of mine for a photoshopped pic for if worth1000 ever ran an "if silent PC enthusiasts rulled the world contest" or something along those lines: someone with their veins hooked up to a reserator.

Hmmm... if someone was really bored and also really insane they just might try that(not just the photoshoping but actually connecting their veins to a reserator). I guess that's what bored to death must mean.

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:54 pm

mathias wrote:That reminds me of an idea of mine for a photoshopped pic for if worth1000 ever ran an "if silent PC enthusiasts rulled the world contest" or something along those lines: someone with their veins hooked up to a reserator.
Dialysis doesn't work that way. ;)

mathias

Post by mathias » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:33 pm

I know, but it wouldn't matter that pumping your blood through a reserator would most likely polute it quickly because loosing 2.5 litres of blood would probably kill you, definitly if there was no one else around. Of course, you could save up an extra 2.5 litres of blood for this, but then you'd have time to sober up and rethink this.

Although this makes me wonder if having an extended blood supply could actually be beneficial. We were supposed to have cybernetics by now, damn all those sci fi people for getting our hopes up!

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:03 pm

I am both bored to death AND tired. Which option should I pick?

Slaugh

Post by Slaugh » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:40 pm

Hey, this is a tricky question! Right now, I'm a bit tired because of overtime work... And the more I get tired, the more I get bored easily! :? Anyways, I chose "tired", but if you ask me the same question in a few days, I'll probably have a different answer...