Zalman 400cm2 GPU Heatpipe + GF GTS Pro

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

gonsped

Zalman 400cm2 GPU Heatpipe + GF GTS Pro

Post by gonsped » Wed May 21, 2003 12:38 am

I don't have a kick ass video card as I am still waiting for Doom III to come out before I get the R9700 or something similar to it.

So tonight - I was using my sister's Dell 2650 Laptop and boy it runs so silent - I cant hear anything and listening to MP3s are just so much better. I wish my PC can run like this..... :(

By any chance I could cool the GPU of the GeForce GTS video card with the Zalman 400cm2 heat pipe without fan? (the lower end Zalman GPU heatpipe)

I won't be overclocking so everything will run at default speeds.

My idea was to install a 4 fan controller in the 5.25" drive bay to control the power supply fan, the intake fan at the bottom front of the case and the CPU fan connected to the SKU900 on the Athlon XP 1800.

While doing Microsoft Office, surfing the net, leeching (low CPU activity) I will turn the fan down real low and when CS-ing I can turn the fans back up.

The Northbridge will be cooled with the Zalman northbridge cooler so I got the video card left to fix :)

How is it looking so far? :D

P.S. Still not sure how to quieten that WD 120GB 8MB cache HDD :-/ (in a relatively cheap way) :P

ruprag

Post by ruprag » Wed May 21, 2003 2:43 am

what Geforce type are you using ??

also if you get a fancontroller get one that does NOT use PWM it causes some fans to "click" at low voltages.

I have a GF 440SE and it does not have a fan (just a 45x45 mm heastink) and it runs quite well when I CS :-)