It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Extra Cooling for Zalman Reserator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:21 pm 

I've got a Zalman Reserator 1 Plus and during summer when the temps got a bit hotter (like 40+ C outside) my system was running a little on the hot side, so I made a ghetto fan booster for the Reserator tower. It's pretty slack, but it does the trick on hot days. I only stick it on when I need it cos it just slides right off. The fan is sucking the air up through the fins and exhausting the hot air out the top.

ZalmanGhetto01
ZalmanGhetto02

and yes, that is a Crunchy Nut Cornflakes box :lol:

What do people think? too ghetto? I was toying with the idea of making a plastic version, but now that summer is over I rarely need to use it anyway.

Sonata Case, AMD 3500+ Watercooled with Zalman Resorator1 Plus. Watercooled northbridge & GPU. 2 slow 120mm case fans. and all of this is spoiled by a noisy WD Raptor, silly me. Complete with Ghetto Fan mod on radiator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:23 pm 

Could just aim a 12" house fan at it...

I assume you've already done the mod that brings the inlet of the reserator to the top?

You could also replace the pump. Putting a fan on a reserator is defeating the purpose. You will get better temps with a large heatercore or a BIP2 and the same fan(s).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:13 pm 

Nope, I haven't done any other mods to it. This is only for very hot weather, not needed mostly. I could use a 12" house fan, but I'd rather have that aimed at me :) Bringing the inlet to the top sounds like a good idea. I'll be looking into that. Thanks J.

Sonata Case, AMD 3500+ Watercooled with Zalman Resorator1 Plus. Watercooled northbridge & GPU. 2 slow 120mm case fans. and all of this is spoiled by a noisy WD Raptor, silly me. Complete with Ghetto Fan mod on radiator