Antec customer service??Any Problems?????????

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

jackal

Antec customer service??Any Problems?????????

Post by jackal » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:05 am

Hey guys,
I posted couple of days ago about my Antec True Blue 480 not working.
Ive had it for maybe about 2 years now.

Finally called up Antec customer service and they told me I have to find the receipt in order for anything to be done about the problem. I know I have a 3 year warranty, but I dont even know if Ill be able to find a 2 year old receipt, not to mention I dont even know where I bought it from exactly.

Has anybody had this problem, and does anyone have any advice as to what I could do about it? Would really appreciate any advice.... Thanks[/b]

xcgames

Post by xcgames » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:52 pm

yep i was surprised antec refused to issue RMA for my half year old neopower because i didn't keep a receipt. They wouldn't even verify the serial number (i'm pretty sure this damn thing is made in less than a year ago), so they got away with a broken unit, and even tried to pursuade me into another one. i'm done with antec, their RMA policy is one designed not to serve the consumer but to get away.

amplemind

Post by amplemind » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:48 pm

They have policies, and you must follow them.

:D

Mumrik

Post by Mumrik » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:17 pm

Can't really blame them can you? You should always store the receipts for all the stuff you own that's under warranty. If I throw the receipt away and an item breaks I blame myself, not the company. I don't think there's anything you can do.

I agree with xcgames though, if they have a system capable of telling the production date via the serial number, it would only be fair to check it out.

poohbear

Post by poohbear » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:59 am

Well, it's still preferred if they can allow RMA without receipt, because then you can buy/sell your second hand parts without worries. But I guess it all varies depending on the company.

frostedflakes

Post by frostedflakes » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:18 pm

Ditto. This is fairly standard policy. It's not like Antec is the only company that does this, so I don't see any reason to get pissed at them because you didn't bother keeping records of your purchases.

With that said, pester tham a little more -- maybe they'll give in. I've been in similar situations before, and sometimes people will cut you some slack and accept an RMA without proof of purchase.

frostedflakes

Post by frostedflakes » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:27 pm

FWIW, my first experience with Antec CS was great. The latches on my SLK3700-BQE left side panel have been getting kind of flakely as of late. The case is about a year old, and to be honest, I'm surprised they've lasted as long as they have, considering how often I open this case to tinker/upgrade.

Got in touch with Antec, sent them a copy of my original receipt, and the side panel was shipped out within a few days free of charge. Freakin awesome.

xcgames

Post by xcgames » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:04 pm

antec requied receipt for my neopower RMA.

the thing is, god damn postal service lost it during transit...

now i'm pissed at antec for making a bad power supply and USPS losing that piece of $hit

Mari0-Br0s

Post by Mari0-Br0s » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:04 pm

I don't understand people that are complaining about RMA service, when they don't keep their receipt.... EVERYWHERE it works that way, for the time of your warranty, you MUST keep the receipt or you won't be covered. Even on toaster it works that way....

A power supply is one of the most important part of a computer, if this power supply is defective and overvolt all your others components, usualy the PSU manufacturer will replace the unit + all damaged component. (if it's on the warranty period)

Also, when you consider the fact that a computer is an investment, and like everyone knowns, there's always some problems in computer, hardware of software, it's LOGICAL to KEEP the RECEIPT. I don't care if my toaster is 3 years warranty, I won't keep the receipt for that, it's soo cheap, that I'll just get a new one at the store... But for a computer...

Even with the serial number and the part number, they can't known if the part was purchase or stolen. That's why when you register a product on their website, they always ask for the serial number.

Hellspawn

Re: ANtec customer service??ANy Problems?????????

Post by Hellspawn » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:43 pm

Heh, doesn't even matter if it has a 3yr warranty and has only been out on the market for a year, no receipt usually means no service. That's one way they limit their RMAs..

Also, don't even mention doing a cross-ship or god forbid a "advance replacement' with a charge on your CC to secure it,. or even ask them to ship your replacement faster than UPS GROUND back to you (without you paying exorbiant inflated shipping fees).

Considering how they like to tout their products as the cadillac of computer cases/psu units, their RMA department is surely nothing more than a Yugo.

Experience with them? You bet - total of 3 crap NEO HE 430's and two P150 cases, and almost a month invested and still no resolution. I have a replacement modified unit coming today, but I won't hold my breath. 4 times is a charm? Each time I've had to wait for UPS GROUND to come from California to Illinois (5 business days, not counting weekends), and at least the last time they agreed to pay for the shipping back of one of the PSU's out of 3. Big deal.

jackal wrote:Hey guys,
I posted couple of days ago about my Antec True Blue 480 not working.
Ive had it for maybe about 2 years now.

Finally called up Antec customer service and they told me I have to find the receipt in order for anything to be done about the problem. I know I have a 3 year warranty, but I dont even know if Ill be able to find a 2 year old receipt, not to mention I dont even know where I bought it from exactly.

Has anybody had this problem, and does anyone have any advice as to what I could do about it? Would really appreciate any advice.... Thanks[/b]

mbetea

Post by mbetea » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:47 am

This is my first experience with Antec CS, it's regarding my p-180 case. I'm getting the door warping and side panels coming apart. With this problem being known for some time now, why Antec does not have a stock of these parts on hand is beyond me, they're apparently still backordered which is a 2 week minimum.

That's not too bad, but I have another problem with the case. There is a misalignment between the motherboard and back of the case (usb ports blocked on the back and expansion cards don't sit flush against the slots of the case). It appears the stand offs you screw the motherboard to are too tall. I sent pictures to them and described the problem in a long email. After 2 days, the best they come up with is:

"Well none of us techs have ever seen this before, you should try returning the case to see if a new one has the same issues."

I don't know where these techs live, but I don't know of any retailer (I purchased it locally at Microcenter) that excepts exchanges after 30 days. And I wouldn't expect a replacement case to get here any quicker than the replacement parts that are on backorder. Not to mention having to pay to ship it to them. I don't think they're getting anymore of my business (psu's or cases) and I'll let it be known any chance I get.

Mari0-Br0s

Post by Mari0-Br0s » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:22 am

mbetea wrote:I don't know where these techs live, but I don't know of any retailer (I purchased it locally at Microcenter) that excepts exchanges after 30 days.
mouhahaha

Antec's RMA service is for sure funny. I did my store's RMA of the last two years last months, I only had 20 Antec's PSU(sold over 500), and half of them were the crappy NeoHE. When you're a business, you need to process RMA via Fax. Well guess what, I needed to fax 5 sheets, since it's 5 item per RMA sheet, then it took them almost 2 weeks to send back the RMA # for only one sheet! I'm still waiting for the 4 others. I've called them, and they told me they were in being processed ans I should get an answer soon....

Raygers

Post by Raygers » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:03 am

I have nothing but praise for Antec support. I bought the Black edition of the P180 case from an online retailer and when it arrived I found that the door was warped and the floppy drive side rails were missing, there were also a couple of pieces loose inside. A slight dent in one of the sides at the back, no big deal and I was anxious to get the system together. E-mailed Antec about the door and rails, they sent new ones. However they sent the standard non-black door, oh s**t, I'll have to switch panels over. Still calm at this point 8)
I went to dispose of the box that the case came in, and saw another label underneath mine, hmm. In taking it off I found someone elses name there, this was a returned case, that's it I'm mad :evil:
A carefully worded e-mail to the retailer and a copy to Antec. I had a phone call from Antec within half an hour, with apologies for my experience and a promise to get the proper door dispached as soon as possible, I received the door very quickly. I still have yet to hear from the retailer.
A long story I know, but for me, Antec stands up there with the best of them.

Ray
Last edited by Raygers on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madlee

Post by madlee » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:45 pm

I just RMA'd my Neo HE so I'm not finished yet, but my P150 had a defective power light LED. I called antec and they express mailed one to me!

cbloyd

Post by cbloyd » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:09 am

I returned an almost three-year-old TruePower 430 under warranty in January--fortunately I had kept the receipt.

The entire process was smooth and easy, and I was shipped a new, retail-boxed TruPower II 430 replacement within a few days.