We are the Knights Who Say Ni !

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:43 am

KWSN-Killerrabbit wrote:We are getting closer now and we will still beat you to 50th.
Methinks the lady doth protesteth too much.

Clearly, all such attempts to confuse the cat have thus far failed. Time to call the professionals.

KWSN_MajorKong
Location: KWSN Orbiting Fortress, in geosync orbit above the Republic of Texas

Post by KWSN_MajorKong » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:18 pm

tragus wrote:
KWSN-Killerrabbit wrote:We are getting closer now and we will still beat you to 50th.
Methinks the lady doth protesteth too much.

Clearly, all such attempts to confuse the cat have thus far failed. Time to call the professionals.
Yep... They are an insane bunch, aren't they?

They are, however, an ok bunch once you look beyond the initial looniness. Though they DO try my patience at times on our forum, which I admin....

I hope they didnt offend you guys too much....

I would appreciate a PM from the admin of this forum about why the lot of them got banned here.... Thank you.

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:44 am

Hey wtf? We banned the KWSN for posting silliness on a thread with their name on it in a forum dedicated to folding? Jeez are we really that stuck up? Come on. I was truly enjoying the banter. I think some person misread that as actual mean-ness, not the fun taunting I assumed it was.

Now we look like a bunch of jerks :oops: :cry: :?

BTW, I hit 20,000 points last night! Yay me!
I would like to thank everyone who helped me reach this point: Me, myself, and I. 8)

mistajon

Post by mistajon » Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:37 am

We are the keepers of the sacred words: 'Ni', 'Peng', and 'Neee-wom'!

You must return here with a shrubbery, or else, you will never pass through this wood... alive.

One that looks nice.
And not too expensive.
Now... go!

Will35

Post by Will35 » Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:42 am

Now we look like a bunch of jerks

I agree, seems a little harsh to just boot those poor kids without any sort of discussion.... I found the thread quite funny.

Has SPCR decided that humor is the next target for silencing :shock:
the above line was an attempt at humor BTW

Also.... congrats on the 20k mark!

wussboy

Post by wussboy » Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:32 am

I agree it was sort of funny. But I think it started to spill out into other posts, and I think that's why they were banned (if, in fact, they were).

antigens

Post by antigens » Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:55 am

Hello SPCR's

I normally don't write on many other UBB's, but thought this one warranted.

At KWSN In the past we have taunted teams, primarily in the interest of the Science. :shock: I know that must sound weird with our antics, however with most teams it has served as a rally cry. 8)

Isn't it the science after all why we are running DC humanitarian projects?

At KWSN we figured we may as well have some fun while helping a worthy cause. 8)

KWSN_Antigens

BTW I really liked that PC in a desk that Russ Kinder built.

Ni! Ni! Ni!

Da-Grizz

Post by Da-Grizz » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:17 am

miker wrote:Hey wtf? We banned the KWSN for posting silliness on a thread with their name on it in a forum dedicated to folding? Jeez are we really that stuck up? Come on. I was truly enjoying the banter. I think some person misread that as actual mean-ness, not the fun taunting I assumed it was.

Now we look like a bunch of jerks :oops: :cry: :?

I would like to thank everyone who helped me reach this point: Me, myself, and I. 8)
No Yer not !! (Jerks etc)
Jest not pulling the "correct" bits - Let me Explain - KWSN (The Knights Wot Say Ni !!) (? TKWSN !! ??- Huh ?) have ALWAYS tryed to (tried?) to bring some "FUN" into the said staid envoirot'iment of donating CPU Cwycles goin' spare for somet'in or other'er (SETI , G@H and errm - Origamii , etc) . This quit (damm - quiete , err no quiet , whatever) and generally peacefu'l way of EXCITING other teams to'oo generate more "Shrubs (tm) " usually (*) pushes production Up , and hence puts m,ore'ish money into my pocket . (Think about it - no BIG end product prices) .
Have noticed that SOME KWSN Gui's in this for'umm cannee now post .
Lighten up Sirs .
We come in pieces .
(We have re-united O'Farty with his Crook'ed Jacket - complete with sedation , however his intentions were (where , where ?) benign , and as sutch (such) completely correct (JUST look @ yer production now O'Silent Ones !!)
See - you know it makes sence (sense ?)

Regds Da-Grizz (Oozze IP is secret - so there !!)

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:51 pm

I'm not sure I understood 3/4 of that post. okie dokie.

antigens

Post by antigens » Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:53 pm

WOW if you understood a 1/4 you did very well! :wink:

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:50 pm

i understood like 1/8 of it

and even then it didn't make sense. :roll:

KWSN_BaldyHead

Post by KWSN_BaldyHead » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:57 pm

The result of our friendly taunting is that your production (as well as ours) has gone up considerably. Next to having some fun it is THE reason for this taunting business.

So why ban us? Any harm done by us?

Ni!

DaShiv

Post by DaShiv » Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:18 am

I think it's just that you guy's "tone" doesn't mesh well with this board. Sorry. :)

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:59 am

the nights are too close for comfort so i joined the effort now. even though i only have one computer to do it on.

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:15 am

Another example of why they are actually beneficial. I wonder why they were banned. Seems odd there was no mention of it by the admins here.

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:26 am

yeah they wre kinda funny to.

Da-Grizz

Post by Da-Grizz » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:07 am

DryFire wrote:yeah they wre kinda funny to.
Blimey try again
NO NO NO - "Yes they were kind of funny too " is correct speak .
Youse bin taking lesions from Da Wabbit ??

Regidds Da-Grizz

Mögel

Post by Mögel » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:19 am

DaShiv wrote:I think it's just that you guy's "tone" doesn't mesh well with this board. Sorry. :)
If you try to read the posts silently to youself you'll se we fit in fine.
I know it's hard to do, but you'll get better with some practice.

And please don't scream too loud when we kick your azzez in folding.Image
What will the neighbours think!

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:20 am

LOL. Maybe we should get silent ballgags for you guys so you don't make too much noise when we pass you *after* you beat us to 50.

EDIT; btw I love that spanking image.

Fart in your gen direxion
Location: Regrettably for you, I'm Upwind in Upstate N.Y. U.S.A.

Post by Fart in your gen direxion » Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:15 am

miker wrote:Another example of why they are actually beneficial. I wonder why they were banned. Seems odd there was no mention of it by the admins here.
You guys are in SERIOUS need of some new mods here, sorry to say. I don't know about you guys, but we visit and get visited by, a lot of other teams. Your mods booted every (or nearly every) KWSN member........with no mention of it. In this case silence is NOT golden. You need mods with courage and conviction that don't hide. But what do you get ? Silence. Seems to me you guys deserve better ?

I can see targeting a KWSN member or two (including yours truly), but only after you warn them via a PM that they are crossing over the line. I honestly have no idea how many members your team has, but KWSN has well over 1,000 in various projects. You guys talk about wanting to grow and expand your team. We've found that if you provide an open, fun, democratic environment new members will come in droves.

Take a look at how many views this thread has.......LOTS !! Why ? Because it's fun. Has it occurred to your genius mods that KWSN has done more to increase your prodcution than they, just by our very presence ? We taunt you, your production goes up ! Amazing, no ? And it does it every time we visit other teams.

Some teams who we taunt, we're initially are out-producing them, and ultimately they end up kicking our asses in production simply because we taunted them. And do honestly think we really care about being defeated ? Our taunting sometimes makes our defeat inevitable. But we believe is this project is worthwhile (beats lookin' for E.T.) and often we can do more to help your Folding efforts than you can (e.g., your thoughts about pimping other teams and dredging through old dead/dying teams. We tried that guys, it doesn't work).

Ah well, at least we'll take pleasure in using your nuts as castanets after we've passed you !!! :twisted:

Mr_Smartepants

Post by Mr_Smartepants » Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:59 am

Fart in your gen direxion wrote: You guys are in SERIOUS need of some new mods here, sorry to say. I don't know about you guys, but we visit and get visited by, a lot of other teams. Your mods booted every (or nearly every) KWSN member........with no mention of it. In this case silence is NOT golden. You need mods with courage and conviction that don't hide.
Hey! Back off! :evil:
There's nothing wrong with our moderators defending our forums from pollution. That's their job bonehead!
Fart in your gen direxion wrote: I can see targeting a KWSN member or two (including yours truly), but only after you warn them via a PM that they are crossing over the line.
What makes you think you deserve a warning?

Let's put it this way, If I ran a pub/bar/drinking establishment, and a group of flaming idiots (KWSN) stormed into the place and started harassing/threatening the regulars with no provocation, guess what? You'd all be lying in a bloody pile waiting for the ambulance to take you all to the hospital while I have to go to the restroom to clean your blood from my aching fists. Umm, metaphorically speaking of course. :roll:

I have that Monty Python movie on DVD. It's funny yeah, but you guys really need to get a grip on reality.

KWSN_BaldyHead

Post by KWSN_BaldyHead » Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:06 pm

DaShiv wrote:I think it's just that you guy's "tone" doesn't mesh well with this board. Sorry. :)
K, that's clear;
thx for putting us back on!!!

there's a lot to be said.

No time now,...

bbl..

Ni!

riffst3r

Post by riffst3r » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:49 pm

*sigh. spcr f@h members, we need to get us a guillotine.

aphonos
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aphonos » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:25 pm

KWSN, Your motive of spurring teams toward greater folding is appreciated. With that said...
Fart in your gen direxion wrote:You guys are in SERIOUS need of some new mods here, sorry to say. I don't know about you guys, but we visit and get visited by, a lot of other teams. Your mods booted every (or nearly every) KWSN member........with no mention of it. In this case silence is NOT golden. You need mods with courage and conviction that don't hide. But what do you get ? Silence. Seems to me you guys deserve better ?
Perhaps the other forums that you have "visited" need mods with a little more courage--courage to keep their sites focused. You're focus is folding. SPCR is primarily focused on quiet computing and the folding has been a side effort of that.

If I recall correctly, the KWSN ban came just after a KWSN member ventured outside of the folding forum and made a snide remark in an existing thread in the site feedback forum. (Since deleted so no point in searching for it.)
Fart in your gen direxion wrote:I can see targeting a KWSN member or two (including yours truly), but only after you warn them via a PM that they are crossing over the line.
You were asked in a nice, yet to the point, manner by several members to knock off the spam in threads other than We are the Knights Who Say Ni ! and you're response was always to taunt--per your M.O. (those posts since deleted as well). Why should the mods assume that you'd respond in a different manner to a request from them? That's not a rhetorical question.

I think you guys have an interesting tactic that seems to get the desired folding production results. Have you considered PMing the admins/mods of the forums you visit before you crash their party? It seems you expect at least that much courtesy from them.

You trespassed. :twisted: You got your hand slapped. :shock: Don't pout :cry:, you're back in. :D Now show that the mods made a good decision. 8)

TRC-13
Patron of SPCR

Post by TRC-13 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:18 am

MAH!

Furry Mark

Post by Furry Mark » Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:18 am

Will35 wrote: ...
I agree, seems a little harsh to just boot those poor kids without any sort of discussion.... I found the thread quite funny.
Kids? :shock:

Many of us are sufficiently old that our kids have kids... :roll:

There also seems to be a presumption that we are all male. This isn't true - it is just hard to tell with the rusty old suits of armour we wear... :twisted:

Ni! :mrgreen:

Mr_Smartepants

Post by Mr_Smartepants » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:02 am

Furry Mark wrote:
Will35 wrote: ...
Kids? :shock:

Many of us are sufficiently old that our kids have kids... :roll:
I guess we assumed that people as "old" as yourself would know better. How silly of us! Perhaps you've passed on all of your intelligence to your kids and there's none left for yourself. :lol:

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:20 am

but that would assume they had intelegence to begin with....

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:28 pm

DryFire wrote:but that would assume they had intelegence to begin with....
I think most of them use AMD... :roll:

Despite being a bunch of morons they seem to do pretty well in the DC projects they manage to focus on:
10th in SETI, 5th in Genome@Home, 3rd in Distributed Folding, and now heading up in Folding@Home... :wink:

Wrah
Patron of SPCR

Post by Wrah » Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:49 pm

Not 'they', but farmerknight KWSN-MilleniumKnight.. and a few hitching the ride. ;)