Hickups?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Hickups?

Yay
13%
Nay
88%

Total votes: 48

nici

Post by nici » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:44 pm

mathias wrote:
nici wrote:A regular silver P180. Wouldnt mind an acrylic version thjough... :) Oh, the shop i bought it from just bumped the price up to 179€ :shock:
That sucks. Here a P180 is ~115€.
Yeah i know it sucks.. :( Mobos and CPUs are about he same price as in the US and CDN, but PSU and case prices are high in comparison.
mathias wrote:
nici wrote:
mathias wrote: That's a con. As in, not a pro. Although it could also be a con as in "con artist"
Im not quite shure im following you here.. :lol:
I mean: That's not a good thing and it could also be seen as the gov't swindling you.
Im still not following you :lol: The gov´t has a monopoly on the strong stuff here. I can buy stuff under 20% when im 18, and i can buy anything i want when im 20years old.

My IQ might be low ATM though, six 33cc bottles of 5,5% long drink(GIN based and tastes like Grape-Fruit, introduced for the olympics in Finland in 1952) are gone in about three hours or so. Not ehough to get hung over but plenty enough to feel funny in the head... :lol:

mathias

Post by mathias » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:58 pm

nici wrote:
mathias wrote:I mean: That's not a good thing and it could also be seen as the gov't swindling you.
Im still not following you :lol: The gov´t has a monopoly on the strong stuff here. I can buy stuff under 20% when im 18, and i can buy anything i want when im 20years old.
I mean: they're tricking you into buying more alcohol by making it seem cheaper. Open your eyes, your gov't is trying to turn you into an alcoholic!!!!

No, I'm not on any stimulants, that was a joke.

nici

Post by nici » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:10 pm

mathias wrote:
nici wrote:
mathias wrote:I mean: That's not a good thing and it could also be seen as the gov't swindling you.
I mean: they're tricking you into buying more alcohol by making it seem cheaper. Open your eyes, your gov't is trying to turn you into an alcoholic!!!!

No, I'm not on any stimulants, that was a joke.
Yeah ok.. :lol: It was the people who woted for the bloody €uro, i wasnt 18 yet when the woting happened so i couldnt wote.

I think the bloody alcohol is fading now.. thank god(if there´s one) that i feel relaxed and not like i want to throw up..

Drinking Coke now, and mineral water or whatever you call it, the bubbly water :roll: Its 11.5c outside, summer is coming to an end :( but its full moon(almost) and the city lights up te sky so i cant see any stars, only a couple satellites. I pretty much only smoke hen im drunk, but i think ill go outside for a smoke anyway.. and drink more mineral water. Enjoy the piece and quiet outside :)

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:39 pm

I get them when I eat raw carrots.

Don't ask me why.

:shock:

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:34 am

By the way, doesn't every country have a region where people sound like they're drunk?
I may be well confused here, but I call them BARS!

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:19 pm

I can't sleep 'cause of the bloody hiccups.

I went to a bar called "Belgie" (that's Dutch for Belgium) tonight and I consumed several Belgian beers (and one German and one Dutch beer).
  1. Rodenbach
  2. Schneider Weisse
  3. Koninck
  4. Gulpener Dort
  5. Koninck Triple
Now those hiccups won't go away. I was used to consume much larger quantities of alcohol without problems in the past, but I guess I am out of training.

Mats

Post by Mats » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:50 pm

mmm... ...Belgian beer... :D

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:29 pm

nici wrote:
sthayashi wrote:I don't have hiccups now, but on the rare occasion that I DO have them I do the following:
1) take a normal breath and hold it for a mental count to 10.
2) breathe out normally
3) Repeat the above 2 steps until they go away.

Since I am not you, YMMV, but the above has always worked for me within a minute or two.
Useless i tell you! Useless! I cant cponcentrate for a minute or two :mrgreen: i have hiccups with five ssecond interwalls for fooks sake!
Then use a shorter count interval :-) 10 works for me, but if you have hiccups that frequently, try counting to 5.

Trip
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Trip » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:03 am

I drive better when drunk.

Hicks in SC drink as much as Danes I bet. Then we drive home.

(I no longer drive drunk, but I do think I drive at least as well when drunk.)