Abit mobo

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

regal196

Abit mobo

Post by regal196 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:03 pm

Anyone here have any experiance with the Abit IL 9 Pro motherboard found here? http://www.newegg.com/product/product.a ... 6813127015 If so, what do you think of it and would this be recomended? I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, fo if you can move it to the correct area, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-regal

Arvo

Post by Arvo » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:22 am

Although I've no experience with this motherbard, I wouldn't buy that - Intel 945P+ICH7 is somewhat old platform and not best for Core2Duo. For installing C2D (or for future upgrades) I'd stick to Intel 965 series chipsets.

Of course if you need just mobo for some P4 based Intel CPU - no problem.

Othervise Abit makes good mobos, sometimes you may need update BIOS - their first BIOS versions for new platforms can be buggy. IL9 isn't new, thereby no problems should occur.

regal196

Post by regal196 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:40 pm

thank you for the information Arvo. Would anyone please suggest a motherboard that would be suitable for core 2 that's in the same price range of 75-100 dollars. Thank you once again.

Arvo

Post by Arvo » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:36 pm

I just two days ago built PC on Intel BOXDP965LTCK. Although it doesn't fall into your price range (it costs $109), I would recommend it anyway.

Except if you want use many IDE drives - this board has only one IDE connector. Well, most current boards have only one.
Another bit - I built this PC for office use, thereby no overclocking needs were considered. This board likely doesn't offer many advanced BIOS options.

Disclaimer: I honestly have no experience with other suitable boards, thereby I can't say that this is best (or just enough good) board at this price. Currently this is the only C2D board, what I've used :) Well, it was choosen based on price and reviews.