Ability to report offending posts

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

AZBrandon
Friend of SPCR

Ability to report offending posts

Post by AZBrandon » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:48 am

Every couple days, somebody spams the forum, like this post:

viewtopic.php?t=37171&highlight=

On every other board I'm a member, there is a button you can click that reports bad posts to a moderator so they can delete it. That should be enabled here to help us report spam posts more quickly.

angelkiller

Post by angelkiller » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:35 pm

I completely agree with you. I have been a reading SPCR for close to a year now and have always appreciated how well its community members were. Everyone was so friendly, knowledgeable and professional. SPCR has developed an awesome community and I hate to see it attacked.

And I just hate all spam in general! :x

There should definitely be a way to quickly notify site admins so it can be removed. Great proposal AZBrandon.

McBanjo

Post by McBanjo » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:06 pm

I was acctually looking for a report-button on that specific thread

Devonavar
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Devonavar » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm

I'm not sure whether this is an option with the PHPBB forum software that we're using, but I'll look into it. For now, try PMing me (or another mod) if you find one. We're looking at other ways of reducing SPAM as well, but unfortunately we have yet to find a failsafe solution.

Bobfantastic

Post by Bobfantastic » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:04 am

I suggested a few extra questions added to the registration form- anyone that wants to join would have read a number of threads and articles already, so I dont think it's unreasonable to expect any new genuine members to get the answers right. My earlier suggestions involved which PSU would they choose, which heatsink is inappropriate for a low-profile PC, etc.

It probably wouldn't stop everyone who wanted to spam, but it would certainly put off some of them... :?:

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:56 am

We're always at work on the spam issue, but most of it takes place behind the scenes.

Here's several recent threads on this topic:

viewtopic.php?t=33094

viewtopic.php?t=32830

viewtopic.php?t=33475