Completely bogus review on other site, can you do better?

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

drag

Completely bogus review on other site, can you do better?

Post by drag » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:19 pm

"Which Next Gen Console Is The Loudest?"
http://www.pregamelobby.com/forum/view_ ... udness.htm

A lot of very dubious sound measurements. None of how he does it realy makes sense and it looks like the guy spent a whole 20 minutes setting up and performing the experiments, _total_. He put more effort in creating the graphs then measuring the devices.

I know it's not PCs per say, but they are still computers and they are used in areas were noise is potentially very important. So even though it's not technically up your ally I think that if you do a good review that would accurately reflect a person's experiances then it would attract a LOT of attention to your website. Especially if some place like Digg or one of those console websites pick up the story.

Also maybe do a 'part 2' which you attempt to to perform some sound deadenning technics on them to see how quiet the can get will get a lot more people to bookmark your site so they come back and check time to time.

Just a idea, sorry if somebody else already suggested it and I missed it.