search broken?

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

a_punker

search broken?

Post by a_punker » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:44 pm

Hi,

Whenever i use the search function today the page loads as a blank white screen.

I use firefox normally, but i tried on IE7 too.

Tephras

Post by Tephras » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:40 pm

For me it is working as it should.

ultrachrome
Patron of SPCR

Post by ultrachrome » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:01 pm

I've seen that too when searching for multiple words.

I did just find a fix however. Choose "Search for all terms" and that fixes the problem.

Tephras

Post by Tephras » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:19 pm

I just tried to do a search on multiple words separated by a space and it gaved me a blank page too, the reason I have not experienced this previously is that I use boolean operators when I search for multiple words. However, when I tried to search with OR as an operator the blank page showed up again, so the search function is definitely not working as it should.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:44 am

Tephras wrote:I just tried to do a search on multiple words separated by a space and it gaved me a blank page too, the reason I have not experienced this previously is that I use boolean operators when I search for multiple words. However, when I tried to search with OR as an operator the blank page showed up again, so the search function is definitely not working as it should.
Hmm. It was working fine for me yesterday during the same time you guys were having problems.

It's working fine right now too. To test, I searched for "thermalright OR samsung" and "thermalright samsung" (both without the quotes) and got 6708 hits in less than one second.