Free third party photo hosting

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

NeilBlanchard

Free third party photo hosting

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:49 am

Greetings,

Another forum that I use daily, has just added a link to a free photo hosting site:

http://www.postimage.org/

It works very well: 4MB maximum, automatic thumbnails, and it pastes the link into the post for you -- it could not be easier! :twisted:

cmthomson

Post by cmthomson » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:05 am

I've been very happy with ImageShack. It's been around for a long time, has no storage limits, and is free as long as you don't mind uploading only one image at a time.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:24 am

Hello,

Yes, I have used ImageShack quite a bit, and also PhotoBucket, but the PostImage.org makes it easy to build the function right into the posting dialog window.

xzorby

Post by xzorby » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:36 am

A tip for firefox & imageshack/photobucket users:
Imagebot
Lets you upload multiple images at the same time, and you can get all sorts of codes (html, forum code, clickable thumbnails, etc.) quickly for lots of pictures at the same time. You can also set it to auto-resize.

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:41 pm

pelago

Post by pelago » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:20 am

Something important in a free image host is one that is likely to still be around (and without changing URLs) in a few year's time. It's annoying visiting threads from a couple of years ago from results of a search and all the images being broken links. Because of that I'd prefer to use a host that has been around for some time.