tastycomputers???

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

richk2

tastycomputers???

Post by richk2 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:45 pm

Anyone have any experience with tastycomputers, a custom pc builder? Comments on quality and quietness of their bistro965 system???

http://tastycomputers.com/index.htm

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:13 am

None of their stuff looks like it's intended to be quiet. Apparently they're using stock CPU cooling, stock case fans, and your choice of the loud Mushkin PSU or one of the even louder PCP&C PSUs.

richk2

Post by richk2 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:55 pm

Thanks for the input - the owner of the company is very friendly and responds in detail to email questions about their systems. I specifically asked him about the quietness of their systems and he said the case they use (which is called the Poseidon) is quieter and better than the Antec p-180 (which he says he used to use for his systems) which a lot of people on this forum talk about. I didn't specifically ask him about the power supply but I do now see there is at least one bad review on the Mushkin power supply that says it is noisy. Oh well, their prices were decent for a custom builder and the owner seems like a terrific guy but maybe tastycomputers isn't my best solution

J. Sparrow

Post by J. Sparrow » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:22 pm

The gigabyte poseidon seems a cheap case (0.7 mm steel plates) with added bling (projector and aluminum bezel)

In terms of quietness, I don't think it could do better than the Solo, don't even think about the P180...