It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: What creative ways do you guys recycle and reuse stuff?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:38 pm 

I know a lot of the folks on here are very green, so I was wondering what kind of creative ways you have thought of to reuse stuff that would otherwise end up in a landfill. Please share ideas, maybe you will have thought of something that others have not. :)

Not really too creative, but I try to reuse all my papers that I get back from school. Every semester I probably end up with a stack of paper a few inches tall that is just returned assignments, quizzes, tests, stuff like that. Seems like such a waste to throw it all away, so I use it for scratch paper, writing notes, stuff like that.

Does anybody have any ideas for used CDs? I get a coaster every now and again, are there any practical (i.e. non-decorative) use for CDs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:15 pm 
SPCR Reviewer

CDs can be used for scaring birds off of lawns. About one in every ten houses on my street does this. Our neighbourhood is plagued by birds that keep digging up lawns. There's bits of sod rotting on the sidewalk all over the place.