Good price on Yate Loons...

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

revloc8

Good price on Yate Loons...

Post by revloc8 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:17 pm

I know this company has been mentioned here before, but they have a buy 2 get 1 free deal on Yate Loons at nexfan.com. Thats $8 for 3 fans! And shipping is only $5 with coupon code: Yate Loon. Cant get much better than that. Im putting in an order tonight!

Link: http://nexfan.com/silent-120mm-fan-d12sl-12.html

MikeHunt79

Post by MikeHunt79 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:26 pm

How did you manage to get them to ship to you in south korea? I tried, and I had no luck in getting them to ship to me in the UK. :( I used paypal, btw.

jaganath

Post by jaganath » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:53 pm

www.jab-tech.com ship to the UK, price is similar, $9 for 3 D12SL-12 black.

revloc8

Post by revloc8 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:17 pm

ACTUALLY...Im back in Vegas now...I forgot to change my location :oops: Changing right now...

miahallen

Re: Good price on Yate Loons...

Post by miahallen » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:11 pm

revloc8 wrote:I know this company has been mentioned here before, but they have a buy 2 get 1 free deal on Yate Loons at nexfan.com. Thats $8 for 3 fans! And shipping is only $5 with coupon code: Yate Loon. Cant get much better than that. Im putting in an order tonight!

Link: http://nexfan.com/silent-120mm-fan-d12sl-12.html
Hey GREAT FIND! I just ordered more! Thanks!

mr. poopyhead
Patron of SPCR

Post by mr. poopyhead » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:07 am

maybe we should just sticky a thread for "YATE LOON DEALS". seems like a lot of people ask about them or find good deals on them constantly.

revloc8

Post by revloc8 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:29 pm

Stickying a YL thread is not a bad idea...
Because...
Heres another good deal on YLs from the same place. I am very pleased with their service and products, so I keep going back for more :lol:
http://www.nexfan.com/yate-loon-120mm-c ... -124b.html
These are the blue LED ones so I dont know how quiet they are compared to the normal ones, which as many of you know, are some of the best priced low-noise fans out there. Anyone have experience with these?
They are a lil more expensive too, but thats normal for bling factor, I guess. I will pick up a few and report back when Ive had a listen.

MikeHunt79

Post by MikeHunt79 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:04 am

revloc8 wrote:ACTUALLY...Im back in Vegas now...I forgot to change my location :oops: Changing right now...
Hehe, no problem.

I e-mailed the guy from nexfan, and he says he can ship to the UK, so it's all good. :) Ordered. A sticky thread would be good... It seems yate loons are real popular round here, which is all good, as they are a right pain to get as no one sells 'em in the UK.

SoylentBleu

Post by SoylentBleu » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:15 am

I picked up 3 of these with the 2-for-1 deal. I am a little concerned though - the sticker on the fans is plain black with no model number (no writing at all for that matter).

All the pictures of this fan I have seen have the model number on them. Is it possible these are fake? Aside from the sticker they -look- right but I have no way to tell...

mr. poopyhead
Patron of SPCR

Post by mr. poopyhead » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:13 am

SoylentBleu wrote:I picked up 3 of these with the 2-for-1 deal. I am a little concerned though - the sticker on the fans is plain black with no model number (no writing at all for that matter).

All the pictures of this fan I have seen have the model number on them. Is it possible these are fake? Aside from the sticker they -look- right but I have no way to tell...
WELCOME TO SPCR!

as long as they're quiet, then no harm done... if you really do feel ripped off, then let the vendor know...

if they spin at 1200RPM @ 12V, and are fairly quiet at 1000RPM, then it sounds like a yate loon to me, :P