Problems with newegg?

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

AZBrandon
Friend of SPCR

Problems with newegg?

Post by AZBrandon » Thu May 03, 2007 2:52 pm

So has anyone has problems with orders through Newegg recently? I've placed two orders in the last week and both were not the same level of service I'm used to from them. In the first order, it seemed to be processed right away but they never sent me anything indicating the order was on it's way, an invoice, or a tracking number. I actually received the product a day before they sent me the email with my tracking number.

In the second order, I ordered one item and immidiately received two shipment notifications and two tracking numbers. Right away I sent an email to their customer service telling them this couldn't be right, to get two tracking numbers for one product. So yesterday the first product arrived and today another box with the second tracking number arrived. I haven't opened the second box, but it is the same size and weight as the first one, so it looks like they sent me two of the same item.

Still no reply back from customer service, nor have they contacted me with an account number to charge the return shipment to, assuming they want it back or even know it's missing. So is newegg going down the tubes? They used to have all their billing, emails, and tracking numbers down perfect, but this was two orders in a row that they don't seem to be on top of things any more.

AZBrandon
Friend of SPCR

Post by AZBrandon » Thu May 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Well after posting this I decided to give up on hearing back from them via email and went ahead and called in. There was no explanation as to why the emails showed up the way they did, but as it turns out, since I never got a shipment email about one of the products I orderd on April 25, I ordered it on May 1st thinking I had never ordered one. Only after placing the second order did they decide to process my first order completely (since they shipped everything else I ordered on the 25th) hence having two of the same item show up.

So I'm still confused as to why:

1) They never sent me an email saying what I had ordered on the 25th
2) Why they never processed that order until I submitted a second order on May 1st, unfortunately causing me to get two of the same item sent to me.

wildman15

Growing pains

Post by wildman15 » Thu May 03, 2007 5:20 pm

I think they are at the limits of their size and need to expand. Word is out on newegg, and I've turned quite a few people on to them. I've actually had items delivered before I got any tracking numbers, but I always get an order confirmation email. The reason I think their business is outgrowing their staff is that their stock is not being kept up, almost everything I want is out of stock. The last item I tried to order was (another) Antec Solo case but it was out of stock, not to mention the price has gone up from the previous two I got from them. Forced me to get one from mwave at round 15 bucks cheaper. I hate it when that happens.

Maelwys

Post by Maelwys » Thu May 03, 2007 7:40 pm

I've noticed problems with their email service as well on the last few orders I've places. Order confirmation emails are quick, but tracking emails have recently been arriving a day or two after I've gotten my package. Still, the shipping is super fast - I just ordered a hard drive and heat sink from them today, around noon EST. According to my tracking number, I'll have it by tomorrow afternoon. You can't beat that speed for $4.00 shipping.

I think wildman may be right - they might be experiencing volume issues.

josephclemente

Post by josephclemente » Thu May 03, 2007 10:42 pm

Newegg has been great to me. Everything I ever ordered was packaged and shipped without delay and arrived fast.

The automated email system does seem to have a delay. I just log in to my Newegg account and look at my orders if I ever want to see the order status and tracking number.

HammerSandwich
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by HammerSandwich » Sun May 06, 2007 12:35 pm

The order confirmation emails have always been prompt, but tracking numbers less so. But Newegg has been very good for me, and that includes many orders over the last 6 years.

Michael Sandstrom

Post by Michael Sandstrom » Sun May 06, 2007 2:19 pm

Newegg failed to email my invoice for the most recent hard drive that I purchased and the invoice shown online failed to include a serial number. All of my previous purchases were supported with emailed invoices with serial numbers.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Fri May 11, 2007 11:34 am

I was unhappy how long it took to validate my CC, 3-4 hours. It shouldn't take much longer than it does at the gas pump.

Notifications were inconsistent time-wise, but present.

Xhyra

Post by Xhyra » Fri May 11, 2007 1:12 pm

Ditto on the invoice lag. It took Neweg 6 days(!) to email me my tracking number and shipping invoice, I had already received my order by then.