I'm in

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

KansaKilla
Friend of SPCR

I'm in

Post by KansaKilla » Fri May 18, 2007 7:06 pm

Sorry for not being Johnny on the Spot with F@H. :oops:

Got all my ideas for my 'puters from you folks (God bless Mike, Neil, et alia from 2002 on), so I think it's high time I put those free cycles to work.

Over the next few months, I'll install it as often as I can on as many boxen as I can.

It's funny, I always thought that since I treat cancer patients on a daily basis, I was doing enough. :roll: I now know that isn't true. Gotta do as much as we can for others. (Of course, it could have been massive quantities of Natty Light that influenced my decisions. Sam Adams is more intelligent... :wink: )

F@H for SPCR,
--KK

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Fri May 18, 2007 7:15 pm

Welcome to the Fold! :D We need you, and more like you, if we want to stay above #25!

avi_dan

Post by avi_dan » Fri May 18, 2007 10:03 pm

WELCOME!! :)

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sat May 19, 2007 10:51 pm

Nice nic BTW 8)

Pete

disphenoidal

Post by disphenoidal » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:01 pm

I was checking my F@H stats and saw that you were about to pass me. Little do you realize that I just got F@H up and running again! Unfortunately, my desktop doesn't have a dedicated internet connection, and I'm not around to connect it to download and return WU's. But the lappy should hold you off for a little while.

BTW, KansaKilla and Rochester, MN? You wouldn't happen to work at the rather prestigious Clinic there, would you?

KansaKilla
Friend of SPCR

Post by KansaKilla » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:32 pm

peteamer wrote: Nice nic BTW 8)
Pete
Thanks! It's the only one I've ever actually thought about for any length of time, and I had lurked around here for over a year before posting, so I wanted it to be decent. I appreciate the compliment.
disphenoidal wrote: BTW, KansaKilla and Rochester, MN? You wouldn't happen to work at the rather prestigious Clinic there, would you?
Yup. That's me, stuck in a shielded basement. Seriously, there have been entire months where I haven't seen the sun during the workweek. But, I'm movin' on after my residency ends in a few weeks (and board exams are over).
disphenoidal wrote: I was checking my F@H stats and saw that you were about to pass me. Little do you realize that I just got F@H up and running again! Unfortunately, my desktop doesn't have a dedicated internet connection, and I'm not around to connect it to download and return WU's. But the lappy should hold you off for a little while.
Heh. I love the smell of peptide bonds in the morning.

BTW, can I hazard a guess that you are in the medical field as well, since not everyone would include "sphenoid" in their handle?

--KK

disphenoidal

Post by disphenoidal » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:50 pm

KansaKilla wrote:
BTW, can I hazard a guess that you are in the medical field as well, since not everyone would include "sphenoid" in their handle?

--KK
Actually, I'm in electrical engineering. Sphenoid came up in a materials science class one day, and I thought it sounded cool. It has the added benefit that it usually hasn't been taken already.

angelkiller

Post by angelkiller » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:35 pm

WOW! :shock:

You're folding really fast! You're set to overtake me in 4.1 days!. May I ask what you are using to get 2,000 pts in a single day? (June 1)

And I thought my X1950pro was really fast.... :(

KansaKilla
Friend of SPCR

Post by KansaKilla » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:35 pm

I think that was when I just happened to have a couple of WUs come due, so the point total looks great on that day. I am folding with a core duo notebook (1.83 GHz) running the SMP client, and an Athlon 3200+ s939 as well as my wife's computer which is a s754 3200+. Other than that, I've got a lowly 600 mHz notebook running timeless WUs and a P4 3.0 GHz running the graphical client. That's about it, until I can ask for a Newegg gift cert for my B-day or something so I can replace the s939 with a dual core model. The boss wants to save up for a house, or some such junk, but I'm thinking that folding is a little more important at the moment....