WTB: Antec Aria

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Aris

WTB: Antec Aria

Post by Aris » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:21 am

Just wondering if anyone knows of any place that still sells the aria and not the new nsk1300. i really want one without the extra air vent on the top of the case.

arbiter

Post by arbiter » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:50 am

I work for a company that used to build w/ the Aria.
After about the first 6 months we used them, they switched to the vented lid version. That's all I've seen for about a year and a half or more.

Unless you're building a very low power system, I'd avoid this case.
I built one for my in-laws, using an older Socket A Athlon XP and I think the PSU is high pitched sounding.

Were I to build another cube PC, I'd get something that can take a normal ATX supply, then I'd put in something quiet w/ a 120mm intake on it.

Aris

Post by Aris » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:36 am

i want to make it my new gamming rig.

going to use a merom core 2 duo 2ghz cpu with a ninja on it passivly cooled.

taking the internal PSU out, and the internal drive bay out.

using an external 220w brick ac/dc adapter, and a 200w dc/dc converter on the motherboard, with a second 12v line straight from the adapter to plug into the 4pin 12v plug on the motherboard and for any pci-e power plugs.

the system will only have 1 fan, a 7volted sflex 1200rpm for exhaust where the psu normally sits.

if eventually the video card i want to put into it needs more power than my brick can supply, i'll just get a second brick psu to compensate to power just the video card.

going to use an external slim optical drive. i only use optical drives to install software, which usually i only do about once a year, so theres not really any point to having an optical drive take up space inside the case to be used once a year imo.

and finally i'll just figure out a way to softmount a 2.5" hard drive, probably somewhere near the front of the case.

------------------------------------------------

if i cant find an old aria, i'll just get one of the new nsk1300's and close off the vents on the top, though id prefer not to have to do that.