Email notification of replies

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

cjmuk

Email notification of replies

Post by cjmuk » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:29 am

Is there a problem with this feature or has it intentionally been disabled.

I always sign up for notifications but I've never had one yet...

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:17 am

Funny....I sometimes get two notifications when I only had one PM. Happened yesterday :?

cjmuk

Post by cjmuk » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:23 am

To emphasis the point, I would have read your replay an hour ago, had I received any notification.

How about we team up? I'll let you know what threads I'm interested, you can subscribe, and forward me one of your notifications each time...?

cloneman

Post by cloneman » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:59 am

cjmuk wrote:To emphasis the point, I would have read your replay an hour ago, had I received any notification.

How about we team up? I'll let you know what threads I'm interested, you can subscribe, and forward me one of your notifications each time...?
lol, that's pretty extreme....

Did you check you spam folder? Try another email addy? Try signing up for another SPCR account and test?

cjmuk

Post by cjmuk » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:04 pm

Yeah, I've tried several email accounts... and no, there no spam filters at work.

I kind of figured posting here might actually alert an admin who in turn could investigate, but to no avail...

JanetKellman

Post by JanetKellman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:09 am

I also didn't receive notifications, but I use gmail.
btw, there is no mails in spam folder

Aris

Post by Aris » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:40 am

i thought email notification was just for when you get a private message, not for every time someone replies to one of your posts on the forum.

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:51 am

cjmuk --

You can turn email notification on/off for each thread you've posted to. Your acc is set for auto-notification, so I don't know why you're not receiving them... unless the email address you signed up with is no longer operational. In which case, it's v. impt. for you to update your acc.

JanetKellman & Aris -- your auto-notification was off, so I turned it on.

Aris

Post by Aris » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:09 am

MikeC wrote:JanetKellman & Aris -- your auto-notification was off, so I turned it on.
BAH!!! i was just commenting, i hate email notification. i get enough spam in my mailbox as is.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:25 am

Aris wrote:
MikeC wrote:JanetKellman & Aris -- your auto-notification was off, so I turned it on.
BAH!!! i was just commenting, i hate email notification. i get enough spam in my mailbox as is.
OK.

Send me $5 via Paypal and I'll turn it off for you then. :)

Aris

Post by Aris » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:22 am

Ralf Hutter wrote:
Aris wrote:
OK.

Send me $5 via Paypal and I'll turn it off for you then. :)
You guys still do that thing where i get a star or a title or something if i give money to the site?

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:21 am

They sure do.

From Mike's signature: Support SPCR! Donate for Friend or Patron Status.

cjmuk

Post by cjmuk » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:09 am

Mike,

Thanks for your help, but I know how phpBB works. And no my email address is current, active and working.

The email account is from my own domain - so there should be nothing between SPCR and my Inbox that might be filtering anything out.

I've changed it to a yahoo account so see if that is any better... but I'm not optimistic.

Chris