Over a month since last SPCR review?

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

Aris

Over a month since last SPCR review?

Post by Aris » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:34 pm

so.... where did the SPCR crew go? Did they get lost in Taipei at computex or what?

When was the last time its been this long in between reviews? "computex 2007: Cases" wasnt really a review. so May 29th since the last review on this site for the Nexus power supply.

So what happened? Is there some huge undertaking that requires 2 months to do? Or did you just run out of products to review?

Redzo

Re: Over a month since last SPCR review?

Post by Redzo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:00 am

Aris wrote:so.... where did the SPCR crew go? Did they get lost in Taipei at computex or what?

When was the last time its been this long in between reviews? "computex 2007: Cases" wasnt really a review. so May 29th since the last review on this site for the Nexus power supply.

So what happened? Is there some huge undertaking that requires 2 months to do? Or did you just run out of products to review?
It's summer man. There are plenty things that are WAY nicer to do this time of year then writing reviews. Not to mention that becouse of summer even hardware companies are taking it easy knowing that ppl rather spend money on vacation then on hardware this time of year.
And besides, crew deserves some vacation don't you think ;-)

DragonOptical
Friend of SPCR

Post by DragonOptical » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:00 am

Redzo wrote:
Aris wrote:so.... where did the SPCR crew go? Did they get lost in Taipei at computex or what?

It's summer man. There are plenty things that are WAY nicer to do this time of year then writing reviews. Not to mention that becouse of summer even hardware companies are taking it easy knowing that ppl rather spend money on vacation then on hardware this time of year.
And besides, crew deserves some vacation don't you think ;-)
I agree, but it would have been nice if the crew notified us that they were taking a summer break ;)

ps: I think there are some problems with the forum-section of SPCR

Aris

Post by Aris » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:30 am

this isnt grade school, there are no summer breaks for adults.

merlin
Friend of SPCR

Post by merlin » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:56 am

I'm guessing ecopcreview plus some special projects coming up are sucking up time.

JazzJackRabbit

Post by JazzJackRabbit » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:03 am

Aris wrote:this isnt grade school, there are no summer breaks for adults.
Awww screw you... Dreams of sipping soda somewhere in the tropics... 8)

nightmorph

Post by nightmorph » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:10 am

--
Last edited by nightmorph on Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redzo

Post by Redzo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:32 am

Aris wrote:this isnt grade school, there are no summer breaks for adults.
In Sweden ALL employes have right to 5 weeks of payed vacation. I think the rest of europe is like that too. So yes we do have summer breake here :-)

mexell

Post by mexell » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:17 am

But, still somehow I'm desparately missing some new articles.
I hope everything is running fine, so no bad surprises like "we don't have time for this anymore" will come--

Aris

Post by Aris » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:49 am

as important to the environment as eco pc may be, i really dont see why its a sticky on the top of the front page, and another eco pc article doesnt count as a hardware review in my book. so still no new articles?

NARC

Post by NARC » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:30 am

I was coming in here to post the exact same thing....

Kaleid

Post by Kaleid » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:17 pm

I hope there are plans to review many of the newest harddrives...F1 seems most interesting..

Magic

Micro-ATX tower reviews please....

Post by Magic » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:09 am

I'd really like to see some more reviews of tower cases designed for Micro-ATX motherboards.

There are too many HTPC case reviews, not nearly enough Micro-ATX ones (imho).

Tsorovan

Post by Tsorovan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:14 am

I'd really see a thorough round-up/head-to-head featuring passive video card coolers like the Thermalright HR03 (Plus), the Zalman VNF100 and the Arctic Cooling Accelero S1/S2, preferably on a bunch of different modern video cards.

gb115b
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by gb115b » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:38 am

i second the hd comment...

WDs GP series looks interesting from both a silent and eco pc perspective....

walle

Post by walle » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:27 am

Tsorovan wrote:I'd really see a thorough round-up/head-to-head featuring passive video card coolers like the Thermalright HR03 (Plus), the Zalman VNF100 and the Arctic Cooling Accelero S1/S2, preferably on a bunch of different modern video cards.
Second that, perhaps its even time to shift focus towards passive graphics card solutions rather than power supplies and chassis "all together". I for one, would find it most welcome.

Without dismissing or exclude reviewing hard drives and fans, naturally. Chassis and power supplies though, has (in my opinion) been close to covered, as it stands now.

cheers

AZBrandon
Friend of SPCR

Post by AZBrandon » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:14 pm

Redzo wrote:In Sweden ALL employes have right to 5 weeks of payed vacation. I think the rest of europe is like that too. So yes we do have summer breake here :-)
There's some US companies that give 5 weeks too. For example I work for a bank and get 5 weeks paid vacation per year, increasing to 6 weeks after you have 10 years with the company. Still, 2 to 3 weeks is far more common, unfortunately. It's sad, since I think we'd honestly be more productive if we took more time off. You get burned out more easily the less time off you have.