Zalman ZM80C-HP now available in the US (replaces ZM80A-HP)

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

pcweltz

Zalman ZM80C-HP now available in the US (replaces ZM80A-HP)

Post by pcweltz » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:28 pm

Sharkacorp has em' in stock, also has the ZM-OP1 fan addon for this

http://www.sharkacorp.com/Merchant2/mer ... ode=zalman

Looks like it fixes most of the issues with the original ZM80a

aphonos
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aphonos » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:48 pm

Using this link to the Sharka Corp Zalman ZM80C-HP helps out SPCR by giving SPCR credit for the linkage.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:32 am

aphonos wrote:Using this link to the Sharka Corp Zalman ZM80C-HP helps out SPCR by giving SPCR credit for the linkage.
Cool! Credit to SPCR and a link to take you where you want to go!

How did you learn about this and, more specifically, how did you build the link?

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:03 am

Which bracket? The FB123?

aphonos
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aphonos » Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:12 pm

Ralf Hutter wrote:
aphonos wrote:Using this link to the Sharka Corp Zalman ZM80C-HP helps out SPCR by giving SPCR credit for the linkage.
Cool! Credit to SPCR and a link to take you where you want to go!

How did you learn about this and, more specifically, how did you build the link?
I just compared the Sharka link from the SPCR home page with the link to the product at Sharka at the top of this thread (I think my path to the Zalman ended up being a bit different than pcweltz's, but gets to the same product page). I then tried a bit of cut and paste in the browser's address bar. I think I just added &Affiliate=spcr to the end of the product link and it seemed to work. I'm actually not 100% sure that the Sharka database is actually picking up on the Affiliate tag. :oops: I guess we'd have to ask Alistair/Mike or Sharka if that is working.

Rod M
-- Vendor --

Post by Rod M » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:28 am

I have had mine for a few days now, I put it on a X-micro Ti4200

the 80mm fan aint that bad, I have it running through a Fan mate at around 5v and it is quiet enough,

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:29 am

Radeonman wrote: if the heatpipe is supposed to move heat from the front of the card to the back, where it is then removed, why not encourage more air to go back there?
Maybe the fan bracket in that picture is mounted upside-down? If you flipped it over the fan would be blowing more over the top side (hot side) of the ZM-80. Then just flip the grill back over so the "ZALMAN" reads correctly and you're set.

al bundy

Post by al bundy » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:55 am

Radeonman wrote:...if the heatpipe is supposed to move heat from the front of the card to the back, where it is then removed, why not encourage more air to go back there?...
Most likely this arrangement is meant to cool the hottest part of the entire apparatus (i.e. immediately around the GPU core), with the remaining heatload then being more evenly carried/distributed between the front and rear sinks via heatpipe. Hmmm, this would be a good question for the Zalman forum board, I wonder what their reply would be...

8)