time to move EPCR item from the top of SPCR mainpage?

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

mb2

time to move EPCR item from the top of SPCR mainpage?

Post by mb2 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:35 pm

i'm all for supporting/promoting eco PC review, but the front page is meant primarily for showcasing the recent SPCR articles right? [and the EPC message has been up for months.]

i used to notice them when coming to the forums via the mainpage, but don't even see them without making a specific effort to look anymore.

could this section be removed or atleast compacted, so that those of us with screens 768px high (whilst not common on desktops, by far the most common laptop res) can atleast see the most recent article without scrolling??

whilst on the topic it would be nice to have an EPCR forum too, imo.

mellon

Post by mellon » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:31 pm

Yeah, I have to agree with this one. The EPCR link has been "top news" for long enough, especially considering that the EPCR page hasn't seen any significant updates for a while.

PS. Just got home from a party, please disregard typos ;)

tehfire

Post by tehfire » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:38 pm

mellon wrote:PS. Just got home from a party, please disregard typos ;)
So you get home from a party and the first thing you do is check SPCR? Haha sounds really familiar :lol:

scdr

Post by scdr » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:08 pm

I also found it confusing that the EPCR item was stuck at the top.
I tend to glance at the top item to see when something new is posted on SPCR. Since the top item wasn't changing, I figured there were no new articles. Took a while to realize that new items were being snuck in below the announcement.

Perhaps it could be compressed to a single line and added to the blue box?