Watercooling in NSK-2400?

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

vimaxus

Watercooling in NSK-2400?

Post by vimaxus » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:22 am

Curentlly my watercooled computer does not have a case. It is about to be moved in a more "minimalist" room, so i need it to put it in a sharp looking case. My thought was that I put the computer in one case and the radiator, pump, and tank in a second case below the computer, so I would have 2 Antec 2400 stacking. I was thinking to ask if anyone has done something similar... and what low airflow radiator do you recommend. I was thinking i need a 2x120 radiator and the ThermoChill PA120.2 is the only one I found that said something about low airflow but i'm not sure it fits. Any thoughts?

ShagMan

Post by ShagMan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:28 am

If you're gonna watercool the video, beware, there's ZERO headroom above the vid card, so most blocks won't work. I had to go from WC back to stock fans on my 7950gx2 this week when I built a new AM2 system in a NSK2400.

vimaxus

Post by vimaxus » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:39 pm

Thank you for the warning. I didn't think about that because I currently cool a 1900xt with a normal asetek waterblock and several of those blue memory-coolers from zalman that would fit just fine.

Now that you mentioned it, I find it a big problem. I can't find any waterblocks for 8800gts/gtx that would fit. I suppose I could use the vf1000 but I don't like the price or the fact that I w/c all my PC except the most powerhungry component. It just doesn't make sense.

Or ... I could use only the memorycoolers from the vf1000 and a waterblock that would fit... I'll wait for someone else's experience about using the RHS88 with a waterblock.

podman

Post by podman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:19 am

vimaxus wrote:Now that you mentioned it, I find it a big problem. I can't find any waterblocks for 8800gts/gtx that would fit. I suppose I could use the vf1000 but I don't like the price or the fact that I w/c all my PC except the most powerhungry component. It just doesn't make sense.
Have you considered the D-Tek Fuzion block/ heatsink? Some right angle connectors or some flexible tubing and it should fit fine :)

Remember that the NSK2400 will need some modifications to fit a 8800GTX in terms of the cards length, It should be fine if you remove the front HDD section and mount the hard drive under the optical drive instead.

It takes some work to get everything in the NSK2400, but I personally think it's well worth it. Mine's been watercooled since I got it about 18 months ago, although it's on air at the moment as I've just upgraded to C2Q and X1950 pro. I don't have any pictures online at the moment but I can upload some if you'd be interested to see how I've done it :)

podman

Post by podman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:20 am