Please help me with Panflo 80mm

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ez2remember
Friend of SPCR

Please help me with Panflo 80mm

Post by ez2remember » Sat Nov 30, 2002 7:26 pm

Can anyone tell me what power connectors the Panflo 80mm actually use?
If they use the molex 4-pin, is there a adaptor I can use to convert it to 3-pin?

I prefer the 3 pin type, bacuase it allows me to use Asus Q-fan technology on my M/B (Asus A7V8X) which will automatically adjust down to about 1/3 less rotation speed when my temperture of my CPU hits a certain point (This can be manually set in the bios to whatever I want). So I get the best of both worlds, quiet when I am doing not much with it like surfing the web or idle, and reasonable amount of cooling under load such as games.

Just a note of interest, is the Zalman 92mm (silent mode) quieter than the Panflo 80mm fan running at 12v?

siliconacoustics
-- Vendor --

Post by siliconacoustics » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:23 pm

You can buy Panaflos with both 3 pin and 4 pin tails. There is no standard. But most commonly they come with a 2 pin connector that will fit on a 3 pin connector when one of the polarity tabs is trimmed off.

In my testing a Zalman 92 mm fan in silent mode (5 v) is 10 db quieter then a Panaflo 80 mm L fan at 12 volts. The Zalman at 7 volts is 3 db quieter then a Panaflo at 12 v. This is measured with an SPL meter at 4 inches distance, perpendicular to the axis, in free air, sample size 5 of each.

Jonathan
http://siliconacoustics.com

ez2remember
Friend of SPCR

RE:

Post by ez2remember » Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:12 pm

Thanx a million for your answer. :D

That has enlightened me on my situation, Panaflo's here I come..

Getting rid of my 3 Zalman 92mm fans.