Logitech Support - Second to none.

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Deiz

Logitech Support - Second to none.

Post by Deiz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:25 am

I have a dead G7 sitting in my closet - The receiver in the mouse died. Since Logitech discontinued the G7, they told me to blank out the serial number, and they're sending me a brand spanking new G9.

I had a G15 die on me in late 2006, and thought it had a 2 year warranty, but it's only good for a year. I called support today before finding this out, and was informed that if I faxed in my receipt, I'll get a 20-50% discount on a new G15.

This is incredibly generous of them, I think. Definitely going to keep buying Logitech products.

chahahc

Post by chahahc » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:22 pm

I find logitech products to be overall very high quality. I still use my quickcam 3000 from way back when :P. It's good to see that their customer service doesn't differ.

VanWaGuy

Post by VanWaGuy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:12 pm

A few years ago, I found some Logitech computer headphones at work. They worked, but the foam on the microphone and earpieces was pretty old, worn, faded etc. I called them to see if I could get replacement foam pieces. The guy on the phone said send them a dollar, and he would send them to me. I asked the address, and turns out that he was just across the parking lot from where I worked. When I told him that I thought they were close by, he instead just left them with the receptionist. Certainly not an expensive part or anything, but I was still impressed to get free support!

FartingBob
Patron of SPCR

Post by FartingBob » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:56 am

Since i use several logitech products (speakers, mouse) and so do my parents based on my recommendation, this is good news! Ive yet to have a reason to call their support line, but if they are always this nice then i'm going to stick with them in the future.

FartingBob
Patron of SPCR

Post by FartingBob » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:00 am

Since i use several logitech products (speakers, mouse) and so do my parents based on my recommendation, this is good news! Ive yet to have a reason to call their support line, but if they are always this nice then i'm going to stick with them in the future.

lor77

Post by lor77 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:58 am

Even though Logitech products are quite remarkable in every point, there something wrong with them.
I use 3 top-notch products from logitech the keyboard Dinovo Edge,the Mx revolution mouse together with the Sphere webcam.
Overall im quite pleased with them but they miss something important.
The software that they come has major incompatibilities with each other along with some other antivirus software.
The Setpoint software is incompatible with the quick cam software in some instances so some times they don't load up.
I mean you can leave with some more restarts but sometimes its quite annoying.
Since they have the most challenging desktop products, (for me at least) they have to do a better job with their software so they will stay where they belong!

Havreflan

Post by Havreflan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:14 pm

Heh, funny that I should come across this thread in this forum.. I recently had a discussion with a friend about logitech and their customer support. I am generally pleased with all of the products by logitech that I have been using for the past few years (mostly mice and keyboards), and although I've had no direct contact with their support line, I often come across stories like Deiz' and VanWaGuy's. Their great (at least in comparison to other hardware manufacturer's) forums only contribute to my perception of logitech as a company that would make a great buddy.

vertigo

Post by vertigo » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:58 pm

I was going to comment on how much I liked the Logitech G3 shape and how I liked that Logitech had taken their ambidextrous mice so seriously, but it seems they don't sell it anymore. Looking at their site, they have a very dismal selection of ambidextrous mice.

Not only that, but they or someone has sanitized Wikipedia of all references to the G3. It's like it never existed. I guess ambidextrous mice are out of fashion.