is there a way to undervolt/underclock nvidia geforcego 6100

More popular than ever, but some are still very noisy.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

dan

is there a way to undervolt/underclock nvidia geforcego 6100

Post by dan » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:19 pm

hi,
I have a compaq presario f730US notebook pc. It uses Geforcego 6100 graphics.

I have used RM clock to successfully undervolt the amd turion processor from 0.9v to 0.7 volts.

I know of and installed Rivatuner v2.09 but I do not know how to use it. Is there a way I can use it to reduce the power consumption. For example, I do not play any 3D games and I turned off the aero theme. Can I manipulate the graphics?

Ditto the chipset voltage.

Thanks

cloneman

Post by cloneman » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:43 am

I can use ATItool to lower the clock speed of my Nvidia Go 7900GS, but only recently has dell unlocked this capability in the drivers.

If Your videocard doesn't support nvidia powermizer, I think your out of luck.

My recommendation, If your brave, is to replace the thermal material between the GPU and the cooling. Should be enough to keep it passive..., after all it's a very low end gpu

RedAE102
Friend of SPCR

Post by RedAE102 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:03 am

Nvidia PowerMizer is your only option. If it's not available in the Nvidia control panel, you may look at the HP website for the latest display drivers for your notebook. My brother's HP with 6150SE had the option already since I just did a clean XP install on there for him, as did my friend's Compaq once I installed the newest drivers. Another friend's HP with 6100 also had the option with the newest drivers.

For those with AMD RS690M (mobile version of 690G), these support PowerPlay, but again, with the latest drivers. Enabling it on my Acer Extensa 4420 gave me a 10% improvement in battery life. The maximum battery setting clocks the normally 400MHz IGP down to 130MHz, which is more than enough for my use on battery (light web browsing, instant messaging and lots of Word).