All right, now that I have new hardware
, my situation looks a good deal better.
First off, I installed smartmontools
. It reported my drives were running at 33*C and the WD drives didn't do excessive head parking. So that's one point chalked up as a success.
Then I installed xmbmon
, but it only shows a blank graph. Not to worry, I'll deal with that later.
in a terminal reports that my cpu is running at a rather impressive 190*C, even though my bios claims a more reasonable 26*C. I'll also deal with this later.
No idea yet how to obtain a GPU temp reading.
I have yet to install gkrellm2
to see if I can get it to display these newly aquired sensor readings. (Note to self: To use mbmon sensors in gkrelllm, run the command "mbmon -r -P port-number" before gkrellm is started and have the same "port-number" configured in the gkrellm Sensors->Options config page.)
All in all, there's still some work to do, but things are looking decidedly more promising.