It's been a while, how are y'all doin' ?
After my first showcase:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/vi ... hp?t=45857
I'm now showing my silent HTPC project. The main goal was to create a very silent, decent and as cheap as possible HTPC.
I mainly use my HTPC for watching movies, pictures, listening to music, playing old console but with MediaPortal there are much more possibilities.
Hardware specification page.
<< (this page is dutch, but you'll understand)
I guess there's no explanation needed.
- Overview of different 'mods' I've done to silence the computer.
1. I've used the Ninja Passively, so no CPU cooler fan.
2. Replacing the antec tri-cool casefans by 2 X yateloon D12SL.
3. Replacing the Earthwatts PSU by a very silent Enermax modu82+ 425W. I must say it's way too powerfull and I regret buying it.
4. I've used BE Quiet dampening materials to the room where the harddrives are.
5. I've put the hardrives in 2 Scythe Quiet drive cases.
6. I've used extra foam to absorp harddisk vibrations.
- Windows VISTA Ultimate 32 bits
- Media Portal 1.0
Well this is it. Now it's up to you to give comments. I'm very open for improvements.