Extremeoverclocking stats down!

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Zhentar
Patron of SPCR

Extremeoverclocking stats down!

Post by Zhentar » Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:35 pm

I'm already in withdrawal and its only been 5 hours since I last checked stats.....

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:33 pm

me too. They have been getting slower for a couple of weeks it seems (half hour updates instead of 15 minutes) - hope it is not terminal!

riffst3r

Post by riffst3r » Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:40 am

dammit, just when i wanted to checkup how my stats are after three weeks of neglect.

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:28 pm

Yeah, I've noticed the EOC stats page being down for awhile. Went digging around on their forums for a bit, and found this:

http://stats.zerothelement.com/cgi-bin/ ... r-teams.pl

Its the page that Jason at EOC copied his layout from. A bit different, and I like the bar graphs that are available.

Definitely an alternative for now while EOC is down, and maybe another one to use and compare with.

Oh, looks like we made 31 last night / this morning. :D

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:47 pm

I can see why you're in withdrawal, Zhentar. I'm mightily impressed with your folding prowess! Go Z-man, go Z-man....

And yeah us.

[[ back to folding myself ]]

Zhentar
Patron of SPCR

Post by Zhentar » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:45 pm

its the risk actually. I'll be passing tragus very soon, but lockheed has pulled up from behind, and he'll probably pass me in a week or two. I'm trying to hold him off as much as possible, since passing bkh and mjrusso is going to take a pretty long time with their huge lead.

I'm still trying to figure out where I can find more folding power, but I don't see any solutions. My farm is currently down, I'm going to get one of the machines up tomorrow maybe, but thanks to my mobo problems I'm short a stick of RAM for the last one.

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:50 pm

Zhentar wrote:My farm is currently down, I'm going to get one of the machines up tomorrow maybe, but thanks to my mobo problems I'm short a stick of RAM for the last one.
Hey, I've got an extra stick hanging around. I'll be happy to send you mine. :lol:

Meanwhile, it's been fun near the top (of SPCR's folding team) but I guess I'll enjoy the slide down.

Zhentar
Patron of SPCR

Post by Zhentar » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:57 pm

tragus wrote: Meanwhile, it's been fun near the top (of SPCR's folding team) but I guess I'll enjoy the slide down.
I'm dissapointed in you! "I'll enjoy the slide down"? wtf is that? it should be "You bastard, you'll pay for passing me like that! lets see, if I sell my car I could add 32 nodes, and then my wife/girlfriend/sister/whatever/all of the above will start stripping on a webcam to earn money to pay electricity for them"

TRC-13
Patron of SPCR

Post by TRC-13 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:41 am

I found out that the guy who runs the stats page is out of town till Tuesday and it should have it back up soon after he’s back. As long as nothing went up in smoke.

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:37 am

OK Zhentar, in a couple of days I should be receiving the guts for two higher-powered machines (P4 3.0C/800FSB) that will be set to folding as soon as they are running. I doubt I'll be able to match your 14 CPUS, but watch your tail for my attempted claim as the "come-back kid" (props to BillC) with some pretty fast (and quiet) machines. I'll be writing a short blurb when I get them going.

Alas, I believe people will pay me to *stop* stripping on a webcam if I were to attempt that revenue stream. My car would be worth about an 800 MhZ T-bird. However, I am holding my lucky rabbit's foot for the next SPCR raffle!

monkiman
Friend of SPCR
Location: Seattle, WA -- *Active* member of the SPCR Folding@Home team!

Post by monkiman » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:46 am

Stats are back!

(and I hit 4K)

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:11 am

They are back... and hoo damn, did our projected output go flat, flat, FLAT. It did have a nice increase to it. What happened? Time to recruit, I guess...

Ooooh, and by these pages, I'm GREEN :D Another day and I should be in our top 100 as well. ;) If'n I can get my second AMD system going at home, fair chance I could make YELLOW !!!

edit: Ok, so maybe its flattened out cuz the scale on that graph got screwed up with the burst of WU from the stats being down. its still going up, just harder to see

Zhentar
Patron of SPCR

Post by Zhentar » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:32 am

ah I feel so much better now.

But I still haven't gotten my overtake of mjrusso45 to drop into this year.

More borging to be done obviously.

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:36 am

Heh, I've even stopped folding all night on my PC at home. Don't completely trust the WC yet. :)

Zhentar
Patron of SPCR

Post by Zhentar » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:40 am

I sleep at night, hear the thrum of a panaflo (one started clicking pretty bad after I dropped the radiator set up), it drives me crazy. I say to myself, Zhentar, go shut down the computer and turn off the pump and sleep peacefully. Then a voice in my head says "Sleep peacefully! How can you do that when your losing all that valuable folding time! FOLD FOLD FOLD! In fact, why are you sleeping? Go out and buy more folding nodes!"

I go for a compromise between the two, mostly because I can't afford more folding nodes.

NeilBlanchard

Extreme... stats back up

Post by NeilBlanchard » Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:59 pm

Hello:

The Extreme... stats are back up, but there is a glitch: everybody had two days with 0 points, and then we had a REALLY BIG DAY! :o The SPRC team was over 25,500 points on the 16th! WOW. :wink:

Glad they're back!

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:04 pm

still not working for me.

DonP

Post by DonP » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:19 am

WOOHOOOOO!!! Go ME!!!
I'm Yellow :)

mormakil

Post by mormakil » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:21 am

They are down again. This time they've been down for long. More than 12 hours. It seem from Extreme Overclocking Forums, that they're down due to Jason's moving from Verizon.

I guess you won't be able to see how you pass me haysdb :twisted:

Right now you only have to make some 50 points and I'm not going to complete a WU anytime soon so it's just a matter of time, really short time :(.

DonP

Post by DonP » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:36 am

mormakil wrote:I guess you won't be able to see how you pass me haysdb :twisted:
Sure he can.

Sorry Mormakil :D

mormakil

Post by mormakil » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:50 am

OK :D. But it's not the same :)

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:11 am

Well, here's the stats page that the EOC stats were modeled from:

http://stats.zerothelement.com/cgi-bin/ ... r-teams.pl

Just about all the same info, and then some. Mostly just displayed differently.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:27 pm

mormakil wrote:They are down again. This time they've been down for long. More than 12 hours. It seem from Extreme Overclocking Forums, that they're down due to Jason's moving from Verizon.

I guess you won't be able to see how you pass me haysdb :twisted:

Right now you only have to make some 50 points and I'm not going to complete a WU anytime soon so it's just a matter of time, really short time :(.
Where are you mormakil? I don't see you. Oh, never mind, I needed to look back a lot further in the rankings. :wink:

I miss extremeoverclocking. Archnid's page is not so colorful, although I like that the "Upcoming Conquests" section shows more than 6. 8)

David