1.I'm refering to the space between the chamber and the window. that should keep some more noise outside. http://www.silentpcreview.com/files/ima ... 8lab04.jpg
2. since my new noise level...(worse at 5-6 am when everyone get on the freeway)...Iv'e been experimenting with adding noise with a white noise generator. Just what i need after figuring out how to silence my PC.
3. did the neighbors ask about the construction project?
1. Ah! OK, I see. That's a maybe. It's not a well insulated window, and the issue of moisture is serious, so I'm not sure if it's wise to put anything organic there -- mold grows on just about anything, tho I know the blue fill is treated, it might still be a risk. Might give it a try -- after I deal with the window in the kitchen.
2. That's sometimes the only solution. Also try an air purifier. If you get one with smooth sounding fans, it can help you breathe better so have a double benefit for sleep. My sis in San Fran lives up on a hill overlooking a freeway, and it sounds a bit like noisy surf at the beach when the windows are open. They installed new double pane, better sealed windows a year ago. Dramatically lowered the ambient noise -- when the windows are closed anyway.
3. Actually, no. It wasn't that loud -- compared to all the other noises of summer: lawn mowers, construction of renos and houses in the neighborhood, the planes over Richmond, music with open windows, kids playing outside, etc. It was not visible except from the sides and back of the house. All the people across the alley are virtually mum to the people on this side, the alley is like a border between uneasy countries.
I have the worst excuses for human beings on one side, they'd just watch if someone was having a heart attack on their sidewalk.
On the other side, the family was away on holiday through most of it so didn't see any of the big mess in the back. They left only their nearly 90 yrs grands upstairs. Friendly & nice but limited English, live in their own very finite space. The cable guy had to come fix the internet connection... and his eyes were like saucers taking it all in. I invited him to come back for a visit when the chamber is done, but he hasn't taken up the offer yet.