Infoz needed 4 a new ENERMAX EG-365 VE

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

KWILD

Post by KWILD » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:32 pm

Hi...im new here!!
<br>Well...i've buyed a new ENERMAX EG-365 VE for my ATHLON 2000XP mounted on a ASUS A7M266.
<br>I want to know where i must to wire the 3 pin connector (seems like an ATX 12V connector) that came from the powersupply.That connector its attached to a thing that seems a led (i suppose that is the thermistor).
<br>Well second question...i must to put the thermistor into the power supply?
<br>Please let me know a don't know where to wire that XXXXX connector on my A7M!!!!
<br>Thanx a lot....
<br>
<br><!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href="http://www.kwild.com" target="_blank">http://www.kwild.com</a><!-- BBCode auto-link end -->
<br>
<br>
<br>

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:32 pm

Sounds like you've got one of the earlier models with an external fan control thermistor that can be located anywhere -- within reach of the cable, anyway. Inner or outer fan or both - don't know which it controls. If you want the fan to go slow, put it in a cool spot; or put it next to the CPU/HS if you want the fan to run fast. Does the 3-pin cable look like a fan connector (like from your CPU HS fan)? If so, it's probably for fan speed monitoring & goes into a PSU or case fan header. Didn't you get a manual?
[addsig]

KWILD

Post by KWILD » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:32 pm

Yes,the 3 pin cable is the same of my heatsink (a zalmann flowercooler) but it's colored in brown with the wires colored in yellow.
<br>The manual don't says a **** about that connector and about the thermistor (and nothing about the silent or normal mode...).
<br>Still waiting for infoz...thanx mate!
<br>;O)
<br>
<br>

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:32 pm

Watch the language! Your only warning on that. Reread my post - the info is all there.
[addsig]