Today's posts instead of "since last visit"

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

ACook

Today's posts instead of "since last visit"

Post by ACook » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:06 pm

The current implementation of the link at the top of the forum index showing the new posts since last visit doesn't work well when you keep the website in a tab all day and night, and view a post every now and then from that list.
Going back into the cache of opera gives me the old list, which is good, but sometimes that too doesn't work, losing my unread posts, and presenting me with new unread posts, possibly even with a gap between the top unread post of the morning, and the bottom unread post of the afternoon, cause I read post during lunch...

if you can follow what i mean..

Can there be a simple Posts made today option somewhere? the forum isn't that busy that it'd get filled up with page after page.

ilovejedd

Post by ilovejedd » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:31 pm

I think a better option would be a "View today's posts/post in the past 24 hours" in addition to the current "View since last visit" link.

blackworx
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by blackworx » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:05 pm

+1