Quiet full tower case

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

logscool

Quiet full tower case

Post by logscool » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:28 pm

I am going to build a system in a few months and am looking for a full tower case that will be quiet, also a removable motherboard tray would be great. My budget for the case will be about $200 maybe a little bit more if it is really great. Thanks for the help.

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Are you absolutely sure you need a full-tower? What is the purpose of the PC and what hardware approximately will you be using?

Offhand, I can only think of the Antec Twelve Hundred and the Coolermaster Stacker 810. But both would require a little work to get down to SPCR quiet.

logscool

Post by logscool » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:53 pm

I do not have any reason other than the working room for a full tower case but i guess if it has a good removable motherboard tray mid tower would be okay too.

that Linux guy

Post by that Linux guy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:26 am

You'd probably be better PMing a moderator to move this thread to the System Advice/Troubleshooting sub-forum. This one here's for pics of your rig when you finish building, should you decide to post pics at all.

As for your inquiry, I'm not sure. It's possible to find cases that have removable mainboard trays, but they probably won't be great for a quiet rig. Lian Li and Silverstone make some great cases, and I believe several of their models feature a removable mainboard tray. It's a nice feature, but if you're using a tower headsink, it may not fit once you get the cooler installed. Same goes for several different GPU coolers.

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:47 am

In that case, mid-tower is the way to go, should offer plenty of space for everything a normal PC is meant to do and will be much cheaper with many more options.

I would also advise against the removable MB tray. Unless you're going to be tearing down your build every weekend, it's just not worth it from a silencing standpoint (you have to sacrifice too much).

Go with the P182 and you should be fine.