During the last few months I have been struggling to keep my computer quiet and cool.
I have assembled a computer discussed in this thread:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/vi ... hp?t=51583
Furthermore, I made another thread to discuss the cooling and fan placements here:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/vi ... hp?t=52509
And lastly I made a thread complaining about high temperatures I got with my computer and it is been discussed here:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/vi ... hp?t=52398
I have tried all the crazy stuff, and I decided to test a little watercooling, which I believe I should be able to:
- reduce the ammount of internal case fans or speed;
- reduce the temperatures, or get lower temperatures than aircooler;
- reduce the noise due to less amount of case fans;
- build a system with minimum maintenance possible.
Currently my system is:
- Antec P182 gunmetal;
- Evga NF790i Ulta A1;
- Intel Q9550 (stock speed, no O/C);
- 4 GB of 1600 DDR3 Corsair Ram (no O/C) (will be 8gb soon);
- ATI 3870 (will be GTX 285 sli or tri-sli soon);
- 1 pair of Nexus Fans and 1 pair Noctua Fans;
- Xigmatek HDT-S1283 Cooler with Scythe Kama PWM fan;
The temperatures I am getting for NB/SB is very high, and is my major concern, the CPU temperatures are equally high, but not as high to be "worried".
So I took a deep breath and decided to buy the following kit:
- Swiftech MCRES-Micro V2 Reservoir;
- Swiftech MCP350 Pump;
- Bitspower Waterblock for NB/SB N790NS Black Freezer;
- Waterblocks for all Mosfets, 2 in total;
- 15 ft of tygon 3603 tubing 3/8 ID (5/8" OD);
What I am still missing and I am debating a lot before doing the purchase:
- Radiator ( I am VERY motivated to buy >>>THIS<<<
- CPU water Block;
So here are my questions...
- I am willing to send my P182 for a mod and install the radiator inside the case, I can fit the small 1 120mm fan radiator in the back, or the 2 or 3 120mm fan in the top of the case, I have seen the mod and it looks very nice. Which radiator should I get to watercool the whole setup, including the video cards in SLI? If I get the 1 or 2 120mm fan radiator will it be enough to cool only the CPU, NB&SB and Mosfets?
- Having the Radiator inside the case, professionally installed, is a good or bad idea?
- Which CPU waterblock should I buy?
- Is there anything such as good or bad waterblock?
Sorry for the LOOOOOONG post!
EDIT: This thread here http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=1826842
motivated me to go for watercooling! The radiator instalation in that case is so pretty!