Hardware Temp monitoring Software

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Seras

Hardware Temp monitoring Software

Post by Seras » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:27 am

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I built a rig using informations around here. I finished it somehow, but it never satisfied me so I just let it be how it was. Ill post another thread with my (most likely overheating) system later in the gallery board.

What I need now, and I saw this so many times in other threads, is an application which monitors the temparature of at least the MB, GPU and CPU, optionally harddisks as well. Other users had nice graphic where the temperature was shown as a graph for a certain time period in there posts. I need that too :D
I found many applications which provide you with every single unnecessary information about your computer, but none had the ability to monitor them. When I play for 3 hours straight at highest performance, I cant check every now and then such an application to read the temperatures.

I would prefer Freeware, but if only Shareware provides monitoring functions I'd have to go with that. Oh, and im using Windows.
If this has already been discussed somewhere, please excuse this post. I only found a Thread for Linux tools so far.

NeoteriX

Post by NeoteriX » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:10 am

Maybe SpeedFan will suit your purposes. It has a bunch of other information, but temperature reading is one of its primary objectives.

Try this link for more information as well:
http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.aspx?i=3164&p=4

Seras

Post by Seras » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:45 am

Oh my, seems like my flu now reached my head too :/
What I'm looking for is a tool like speedfan, which also logs the data and keeps a history (that's what i meant with monitoring)

cmthomson

Post by cmthomson » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:44 pm

SpeedFan has a logging feature. Look in configure/log.