Quiet Tablet PCs?

More popular than ever, but some are still very noisy.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

soujir0u

Quiet Tablet PCs?

Post by soujir0u » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:36 am

Hi, I'm looking for a tablet PC and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a quiet one?

Speed isn't an important factor. The major things I'm looking at are that it needs to have an active digitzer and SPDIF out.

Thanks in advance.

AndyGlew

Still looking for quiet TabletPCs

Post by AndyGlew » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Although the original post was made in 2004, I thought that I would add this reply. I am not the original poster. But I shae his (her?) interest in silent (or at least quiet) TabletPCs.

I am a lomg-time user of TabletPCs. I have used: (1) a Compaq Concerto, (2) an Epson EHT 400c, (3) a Toshiba Portege 3505.

My most recent tablet PC was a Toshiba M400. Unfortunately, this tablet PC was so loud that I could not stand using it. Unfortunately, I figured that out too late to return it. I keep meaning to gve it away to someone, but basically I bought this machine and it has been a paperweight for 2 years. (My wife won't let me buy PCs more oftn than that.)

My wfe is using an HP consumer tablet. Evewn it is much louder than my old tablets, but at least I can stand using them.

Moral: don't buy a PC unless you have heard it in use.

Moral: try out a new PC as soon as possible after you buy it.

shleepy
Friend of SPCR

Re: Still looking for quiet TabletPCs

Post by shleepy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:12 pm

AndyGlew wrote:Although the original post was made in 2004, I thought that I would add this reply. I am not the original poster. But I shae his (her?) interest in silent (or at least quiet) TabletPCs.
Actually, it's the user that joined in 2004. :) The OP was made last month.

paha_paawo

Post by paha_paawo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:21 am

Lenovo X200 tablet is propably quietest of easily available and affordable ones. There's many rugged models (toughbooks, getac, nec shieldpro etc) that are fanless and very quiet, but also very expensive and hard to find. Check out http://www.tabletpcreview.com and http://www.notebookcheck.net

psiu

Re: Still looking for quiet TabletPCs

Post by psiu » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:10 am

shleepy wrote:
AndyGlew wrote:Although the original post was made in 2004, I thought that I would add this reply. I am not the original poster. But I shae his (her?) interest in silent (or at least quiet) TabletPCs.
Actually, it's the user that joined in 2004. :) The OP was made last month.
Actually, a month and a year :)

Anyone know how the Motion tablets are for noise?