A new life for my machine: Antec P183!

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

sNNooPY

A new life for my machine: Antec P183!

Post by sNNooPY » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:45 am

I've recently moved my rig from Thermalrock Ocean Dome case to the beautiful, brand new Antec P183.
The transfer was easy, and I'm very happy with Antec. Although, when I was finished with installation, putting back the "rear" side panel was a difficult task because of all the cables behind the motherboard tray, so I tried my best to "squeeze" the cables as much as possible and close the side securely. I wish they left some more room (a few mm) between the tray and the side panel. The biggest obstacle was the 24V ATX cable from HX520 PSU.

Anyway, here are the photos:

I chose to leave TriCool for now (they're both set at L speed). I'm satisfied with the noise level (I'm not demanding...yet. xD)
Future plans: Quiet the system some more by replacing the fans.
For know, I'm satisfied.

JamieG

Post by JamieG » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Looks like a solid clean build!

You can probably remove the middle HDD cage since it looks like you're not using it, but it probably won't make any difference.

As for the cabling and the rear side panel issue, unless Antec has changed the depth of this area, you shouldn't be having too many problems.

Can you take a pic of your back of the motherboard cable-gami? Basically, you need to avoid cables going over one another (if that makes sense), but it can be tight fitting them all into that slim cut-out area near the PSU.

RoGuE

Post by RoGuE » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Shes a "bute"...how's she like her new home?!

sNNooPY

Post by sNNooPY » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:26 am

@JamieG

I can't open the side panel now, I really got it right, and I don't want to mess up the cables again. They are well placed (no cable is "on top" of another), the main problem is one sata cord from PSU to DVDROM that has 3 sata cords, but only one is used on the DVD, while other two are behind the motherboard tray. The second cable is the main 24V ATX which is really thick.
Anyway...everything works fine. :)

@RoGuE

I'm really happy with the case. It's definitely easier to work with, much more room. I'm now "future proof" in regards to any potential computer upgrades...