Antec customer support - all thumbs up!

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

mexell

Antec customer support - all thumbs up!

Post by mexell » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:23 am

Two weeks ago, I figured out that I lost my NeoHE's PCIe-cable. I've written an email to Antec about where I can buy that part.

They asked me for my address, nothing else.

After I responded to that (I thought they wanted to know to give me the next distributor's address or so) they wrote me back and said they sent the part.

And guess what? The day before yesterday I received mail from the US. An USPS Global Priority Mail Envelope, stamped with 11$(!!)

Inside was, of course, the cable.

I think that's true service, and much more than I expected. Maybe that has eaten up all the profit they previously made with my NeoHE. But they may know that I will remember that generosity when I do my next hardware decisions.

seemingly.random

Post by seemingly.random » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:10 pm

I had a good experience the one time I had a problem with an Antec product. I emailed them with my diagnosis and solution. They didn't question it. The part arrived a few days later and the problem was resolved. Refreshing.

TMM

Post by TMM » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:16 pm

Antec have fantastic support. Too bad about their failure rate on some products :/

mexell

Post by mexell » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:12 pm

Yes. But as I've posted in the NeoHE-thread, I've never had any problems with it so far, so I can't complain about their quality.

Sainty

Post by Sainty » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:52 am

I had an old True Power 430 that blew up in a pile of arcing flames inside my rig. I sent them the unit and during the transit time they mailed out a completely new one, not some remanufactured one. I was impressed. Right now I've switched to the supposedly excellent Corsair HX 620W series, but wouldn't mind doing business again with Antec if they keep up their good customer service. Hopefully their failure rate will come down a bit. :)

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:37 am

Almost perfect. when I told them I had side hook broken in P182B (like 2 hours after it happened ) last week thursday. Today I got new side panel HOWEVER, this side panel was not for P182B but for P182 SE. So now I have one side mirror finished while rest are gun metal :P

mr. poopyhead
Patron of SPCR

Post by mr. poopyhead » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:58 am

also two thumbs up over here...

when my P180 started getting that warped door problem, they sent me a new door double quick, AND sent a replacement side panel that had a broken plastic hook... no hassles. truly top notch....

merlin
Friend of SPCR

Post by merlin » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:22 am

I had a pretty good experience with antec support as well, the reset button(one of the only big issues with the solo) broke when being pressed so I needed to get the panel replaced and this was done pretty quickly. I wish they had used something stronger, at least the power button seems relatively strong and unlikely to break off.

puddnhead

Post by puddnhead » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:18 pm

theya re great (i understand) on part replacement, etc, customer support, but less so on technical customer support (e.g. the vfd driver issues on the Fusions)

infiniti029

Post by infiniti029 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:38 am

n/t
Last edited by infiniti029 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PowerSupply

Post by PowerSupply » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:31 pm

I am waiting for an answer on a RMA request. Antec NeoHE 550 with the usuall problem.

The warranty sticker is broken although I have never touched it. I hope they will get it replaced anyway since the problem with my NeoHE is well known and a lot of people seems to have mysteriously broken stickers.

See my post for full story:
viewtopic.php?t=27863&postdays=0&postor ... &start=330
Last edited by PowerSupply on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

walle

Post by walle » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:40 pm

I’ve never had any problems with Antecs support or their customer service either, top notch, really.

larrymoencurly

Post by larrymoencurly » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:56 pm

A front USB connector broke on my Antec case. I e-mailed them the model number, a photo of the part, and a scan of my receipt. Got the part in a few days, no charge, no fuss.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:47 pm

Same here - just a few days from sending in the paperwork to getting a replacement Solo front panel. Excellent service.

psiu

Post by psiu » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:57 pm

Just another thumbs up for them regarding my old P180.

Inquire about the possibility of a front panel port replacement so I could get HD Audio plugs, got the link to the reasonably priced ($9.95) replacement in their store, and a quick response when their web-store was/is being frustrating (existing customers can't change the existing billing address--so never move?!).

They were very quick about getting me a free replacement front door AND front bezel when I first got it too--the replacement door wouldn't work with the original model bezel/button setup.

It is a point in their favor when I do case shopping--either for myself or others.

shleepy
Friend of SPCR

Post by shleepy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:37 pm

My P182 arrived with a broken front panel, and I asked Antec how much a replacement would cost... They sent it out, free of charge and very quickly. Definitely a nice experience.

robokopp

Post by robokopp » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Not always fantastic!

My P182 SE was deficient 2 x slides for the 5.25in bays. I wrote to them, including my full postal address, and received email saying items would be sent.

45+ days later, nothing

Sent second message.

90+ days later, still nothing.

Perhaps the items are bobbing around the Pacific Ocean on a balsa raft, awaiting a chance encounter with the Australian coast.

Other projects to do - I have given up all hope.

RK

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:45 pm

Did you use their online reporting system with reference to your ticket number?

robokopp

Post by robokopp » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:00 pm

Yes, I did. Sadly, the transaction details / number are no longer known to me, just to complicate matters.

Shamgar

Post by Shamgar » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:43 am

robokopp, that doesn't sound too good :!:

I am awaiting Antec's response to my trouble ticket regarding my Solo which has faulty and damaged parts. This is the 3RD Antec case I have had in 6 years that has had problems. Why do I keep punishing myself then, do you ask? Well, that is a good question. Apart from their continuing QC issues, I still do like their cases, there is a lack of true alternatives, and they are still the best brand at making quiet out of the box enclosures.

I think outside of North America and Europe, their customer service could be greatly improved. Considering the distance from the US to Australia and the Oceania region, delays are understandable, although not excusable.

We shall wait and see the outcome for us poor folk in the Southern Hemisphere.

Update: Re: my trouble ticket, Antec has responded to and dealt with my problems satisfactorily overall. The process is taking a lot longer than I wish, although that is due in part to me not always being able to go online plus the delays in their representative responding to my ticket. Dealing with their customer service from the other side of the world is not as bad as I had thought. Considering the negative experiences of others elsewhere, I wanted to give this feedback and give some credit where it is due. I will try and give a final update when it is fully resolved.
Last edited by Shamgar on Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Magilla

Post by Magilla » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:42 am

TMM wrote:Antec have fantastic support.
Couldn't disagree more, I've found them to be virtually uncontactable via email/support. In the end I had to phone them international to get any response. Their promises to get back to me to help resolve issues never materialised.

Frankly, the best I could say about Antec's support is that it'd be a compliment to say it's abysmal.

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:31 am

Their C/S is a little hard to get in touch with directly. However, I had no problems with the support I received via their email/website support system.

I RMA my EA380 due to coil buzz and they replaced it with an EA500!! Overall, I'm happy with service, though I had no idea they had shipped the replacement until it arrived on my doorstep.

arckuk

Post by arckuk » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:33 am

I'm going to give a big thumbs up to Antec's UK customer service. I bought a Sonata on ebay a couple of years ago, which was missing a couple of front bay blanking covers, the dust grille and a key. I emailed antec to say they were missing from my unit and how could I get some spares. They replied, asking where I purchased it. I 'fessed up that it was ebay, but a couple of days later the missing pieces turned up at my door!

Very impressed - they've got a customer who'll look at them first for life by doing the small things right!

Now, if they only designed an HTPC case that is a sensible depth (~25 cm or less), so that it fitted in with regular hifi gear, I would have made another purchase from them recently!

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:15 am

Thought you should know.

viewtopic.php?t=55327

Andy

Magilla

Post by Magilla » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:18 am

Magilla wrote:Frankly, the best I could say about Antec's support is that it'd be a compliment to say it's abysmal.
Still appears to be none existant. Truely the worst of any company I've ever done business with. Terrible.

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:34 am

I think we should start to differentiate between Antec Worldwide, USA and EU.

It definitely appears that Antec's EU C/S is substandard. However, most in the US who have had to deal with Antec speak very highly of the customer service. Parts are usually shipped free with little or no hassle.

Power supplies are a little more complicated, but still not bad compared to others.

Someone over in EU should be losing their job from what I can tell. Non-responsive C/S is inexcusable.

Shamgar

Post by Shamgar » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:49 am

jhhoffma wrote:I think we should start to differentiate between Antec Worldwide, USA and EU.
I would imagine that the service for North American citizens would be mostly good, seeing it is an American company. You should expect that. That doesn't mean that service for customers elsewhere in the world should be any less. On principle, there should be no respect of locality if they expect to be a seen as a global company with a global user base. Reality appears to be very different. They don't have enough offices worldwide to deal with the diversity of users spread out around the globe. The online trouble ticket system is meant to to centralise things but it kind of feels alienating and ineffective for some people.

I've found their service to be satisfactory in my dealings with them so far. Judging from my experience and from others on this forum outside of North America, it is more painful that it should be. The warranty is 3 years -- but if they or their localised distributors can't get the spare parts/repalcements required, what's the benefit to the consumer? They are just left in the lurch. I don't know if their competitors are significantly any better or worse since I have no personal experience to base it on. It looks to be a worrying trend though. Possibly enough to lose some longtime customers.

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:03 am

jhhoffma wrote:It definitely appears that Antec's EU C/S is substandard.
Not in my experience.

As per my build thread had queries about the no-load draw of the Delta brick that came with the mini Skeleton. Posted a query to Antec customer support who agreed it was excessive. Pointed out I should RMA via vendor and gave me option to RMA direct to Rotterdam. The vendor only wanted to RMA the whole case (which is daft but I can understand from their point of view they would then return the whole unit to Antec etc so cant really gripe). So returned (just) the brick to Rotterdam and received a new one no problem.

frenchie
Friend of SPCR

Post by frenchie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:03 am

My experience with Antec USA is a good one.

Here is my support request :
Submitted :
07-23-2010 05:48
Description :
Antec Solo Drive rails
Problem :
Hello,
I have lost a pair of drive rails for the Antec Solo case. Can you tell me where I could find an extra pair please ? I looked on the Antec store but I could only find the Sonata rails which I believe are different.
Also, I coudn't figure out what the serial number of the case was. I looked all over the case but I wasn't able to locate it.
Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,

Antec's response (the company taking care of their customer service is exdesk) :
submitted :
07-26-2010 15:53
Comment : (copy/pasted as is)
HI,
We will ship 3 pars for you.
thank you
antec support!

I got the 3 pairs of drive rails yesterday (august 2nd) in the mail (in a bubble wrapped enveloppe).

Thank you Antec !