130W ATX power supply + 120W AC adapter 54$

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

130W ATX power supply + 120W AC adapter 54$

Post by electrodacus » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:54 pm

High quality and high efficiency ATX power supply excellent for HTPC or normal PC up to 130W.

This is a real 130W power supply and it will work 24/7 at the rated output is designed for industrial automation or medical use and is excellent quality see the photos.

All lines can be overloaded with +20% for no more than 60 sec.

Dimension: 154x45x25.6 (mm) Weight: 114 (gram)

* High efficiency DC-DC Power Supply

* Output over-current protection

* DC soft start function, low inrush current

* Short circuit protection

* RoHS Compliant. (Lead free)

* No minimum load required

Price 69.95$ includes 120W AC adapter see last photo.
If you do not need the ATX cable I can reduce the price with 8$

I use one of this with a Q8400S quad core see viewtopic.php?t=55084

NEW

Buy this on eBay

There are not many of this PSU left so I will not sell quantities at reduce price so more people can get this.

Link to SPCR review
Last edited by electrodacus on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:44 am, edited 22 times in total.

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:06 pm

If they are that cheap, then perhaps donating one to the chaps who do the reviews might be a good way to get a fair amount of sales. Their approval goes a long way.

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:11 pm

jhhoffma wrote:If they are that cheap, then perhaps donating one to the chaps who do the reviews might be a good way to get a fair amount of sales. Their approval goes a long way.
Great idea I already did tests my self this is the best mini power supply you can buy. I will donate a power supply for a review but how I do that ? Is someone here SPCR that is willing to do a review on this ?.

qviri

Post by qviri » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:28 pm

electrodacus wrote:Great idea I already did tests my self this is the best mini power supply you can buy.
How is this superior to the 150 W picoPSU with 8 A on 12 V pass-through from a silent PC point of view?

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:05 pm

qviri wrote:
electrodacus wrote:Great idea I already did tests my self this is the best mini power supply you can buy.
How is this superior to the 150 W picoPSU with 8 A on 12 V pass-through from a silent PC point of view?
Pass-through is not a good idea especially with cheap bricks there is no protection.
The PicoPSU 150 W is just a max 60W power supply because it generates only 5V * 6A = 30W and 3.3V * 6A = 19.8W, some 5VSB and -12V total less than 60W but they add 12V * 8A directly from the brick if the brick is able to give 8A this is 96W but has nothing to do with PicoPSU.
The 130W power supply I sell is real 130W generated by the power supply that will also give the 12V at 5A if all the other line 5V and 3.3V are fully loaded but that is not usually the case and the 5V and 3.3V are generated from 12V so the 12V converter can generate about 11A is some of the power is not used on the 5V or 3.3V line can be used from 12V so you can have even 8A at 12V line (not that you will use a CPU with more than 65W TDP with this types of power supply) that is generated on the power supply module and is more stable then the 12V from the brick.
Also another advantage is that the input voltage can vary from 18 to 28V so can be used with battery for example a 6 cell Li-ion battery Also you can find cheaper bricks because most notebook and other devices use around 19V a 19V 65W brick on ebay will be 10$ including shipping a 80 to 90W brick will be 15 to 18$ an I purchased some 19V 180W bricks for 22$ including shipping.
Sorry for my grammar.
PS: I will give one point to PicoPSU for the fact that is more compact.

PS2: :D not that PS2 from Sony.The 130W power supply uses 3000uF filter for all major lines 12V 5V and 3.3V this is 5x more than on PicoPSU Not to mention the other thousands of uF from input filters.

qviri

Post by qviri » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:08 pm

I was referring primarily to the 12 V rating as that rail is the most important in modern computers. The stated limit of 5 A on your PSU seemed a bit low, but interesting to know that it's instead limited by how much the other rails draw. That makes it much more useful.

What is the regulation and ripple on the output rails?

Very good point about being able to use a variety of power bricks. Just a clarification though - the specified "24V DC ±10% typical" gives a range of around 21.6 to 26.4 V, which is narrower than the 18 to 28 V range mentioned immediately after. Which one is it?

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:24 pm

The 12V is used mainly for CPU an you will not use a CPU with more than 65W TDP with this type of power supply's.
The 24V ±10% is from spec they designed this for 24V operation (they need to do a lot of tests and they preferred to have just one voltage to not go bankrupt with the tests :) ) but I tested at full load and it works with as low as 16.5V an the efficiency will increase with lower voltage but to be safe I recommended min 18V.
I'm electrical engineer (I worked a bit more than 5 years for Siemens Automotive designing Airbag control units and and DC-DC converters).

About ripple, is less than 120mV for 12V ; 100mV for 5V ; and 66mV for 3.3V this is according to spec do not forget that this power supply are designed for industrial automation and medical not consumer electronics so this are much more worst case values than you will find in reality.
Last edited by electrodacus on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:19 am

electrodacus wrote:
jhhoffma wrote:If they are that cheap, then perhaps donating one to the chaps who do the reviews might be a good way to get a fair amount of sales. Their approval goes a long way.
Great idea I already did tests my self this is the best mini power supply you can buy. I will donate a power supply for a review but how I do that ? Is someone here SPCR that is willing to do a review on this ?.
Send a PM or email to MikeC. He's the owner of the site and does most of the PSU reviews.

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:26 am

jhhoffma wrote: Send a PM or email to MikeC. He's the owner of the site and does most of the PSU reviews.
Thanks I'm new on this forum I will contact MikeC. Great forum.

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Link with the update about the 150W AC adapter for this power supply the price for the AC adapter is 34.99$
viewtopic.php?t=55353

The price for the complete KIT will be 34.99+29.95=64.94 + shipping.
Shipping to Canada will be 14.99 ,for US 19.99 and for international will be quite expensive the cheapest to most of Europe is 24.99 but it will be 4 to 6 weeks (maybe even more) for Air shipping with no tracking will be 49.99 and 6 to 10 business days unfortunately the Kit is heavy about 1.45kg.

PASware

Post by PASware » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:02 am

electrodacus wrote: The price for the complete KIT will be 34.99+29.95=64.94 + shipping.
Shipping to Canada will be 14.99 ,for US 19.99 and for international will be quite expensive the cheapest to most of Europe is 24.99 but it will be 4 to 6 weeks (maybe even more) for Air shipping with no tracking will be 49.99 and 6 to 10 business days unfortunately the Kit is heavy about 1.45kg.
I am interessted :) But only in the psu, how much are the shipping costs to the Netherlands?
I suppose less then the 24.99/49.99 because it's a smaller then the kit.

What about the old revision (the green one). I have found some documentation about it and it says that it needs 24v for input, and nothing about a voltage range (like 19v-28v)

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:48 am

PASware wrote:
electrodacus wrote: The price for the complete KIT will be 34.99+29.95=64.94 + shipping.
I am interessted :) But only in the psu, how much are the shipping costs to the Netherlands?
I suppose less then the 24.99/49.99 because it's a smaller then the kit.

What about the old revision (the green one). I have found some documentation about it and it says that it needs 24v for input, and nothing about a voltage range (like 19v-28v)

The shipping to Netherlands by Air 6 to 10 business days will be 17.99$.
In the spec is 24V with 10% tolerance and this is because this are for industrial automation and medical use and if they have specified larger range they will have needed more tests that cost money :) but I did tests at full load and it will start to work from 16.5V but just to be safe I specified 18V and up.

PASware

Post by PASware » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:18 pm

electrodacus wrote: The shipping to Netherlands by Air 6 to 10 business days will be 17.99$.
In the spec is 24V with 10% tolerance and this is because this are for industrial automation and medical use and if they have specified larger range they will have needed more tests that cost money :) but I did tests at full load and it will start to work from 16.5V but just to be safe I specified 18V and up.
Thanks for reply :)
About the tested voltage range: are you talking about the first or the second revision or both? :)
And what is the difference between first en second revision?

And about the currency: is US or canadian dollar?

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:48 am

PASware wrote:
Thanks for reply :)
About the tested voltage range: are you talking about the first or the second revision or both? :)
And what is the difference between first en second revision?

And about the currency: is US or canadian dollar?
All prices are in US dollar.
Both revision have the same voltage range .
There are some differences the main one is that the second revision has an additional converter for 5VSB (this is the standby voltage) so the second revision the yellow PCB is more efficient in standby because only the separate 5VSB converter will work. On the first revision 12V, 5V and 3.3V will work in standby they are only disconnected from ATX connector using additional MOS transistors.
Both use 4 layer PCB of very good quality and are RoHS (no Lead , Mercury ...)

See this diagrams I made and photos :
First revision 120W

Second revision 130W

PASware

Post by PASware » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:02 am

I am getting more interested by the time, and I have a next question:

What kind of connection does the black cable have on the input side? Do you have a picture of that? :)

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:12 am

PASware wrote: What kind of connection does the black cable have on the input side? Do you have a picture of that? :)
You can see in the picture below. Is an extension cable so is the matching connector on the other side.

Blue_Sky

Post by Blue_Sky » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:59 pm

electrodacus,
This is a pretty interesting power supply you have here. I have a couple of questions though. Do you have any third-party reviews (excluding the upcoming? SPCR review) that verify that the line voltage ripple is within specifications? Also, I see that you are Canadian - have you registered a company for the purposes of selling the power supply?

I think this is a very neat part, but I (and I expect others as well) am hesitant to buy without any information on who I am dealing with.

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:12 pm

Blue_Sky wrote:electrodacus,
This is a pretty interesting power supply you have here. I have a couple of questions though. Do you have any third-party reviews (excluding the upcoming? SPCR review) that verify that the line voltage ripple is within specifications? Also, I see that you are Canadian - have you registered a company for the purposes of selling the power supply?

I think this is a very neat part, but I (and I expect others as well) am hesitant to buy without any information on who I am dealing with.
I do not have any third-party review except the upcoming SPCR (I can not afford more :) ).
No I have not registered a company since I only have a limited number of this power supply and after this are sold i will be done so I only declare the income.
This power supply is 4 to 6 time more expensive to import they are high quality product but I will not be able to sell this with over 100$.
The ones I have I got at a good price from a canceled project, they were using this for a dialysis machine (so medical use).

PASware

Post by PASware » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:57 am

electrodacus wrote:
PASware wrote: What kind of connection does the black cable have on the input side? Do you have a picture of that? :)
You can see in the picture below. Is an extension cable so is the matching connector on the other side.

*Image*
Hmm to bad, 4 pins connector, and I wanted to use my laptop adapter for it, which has an simple round connector.

And the 4pins connector is quite odd, because the pin layout is square and not trapezium like svideo connector or other DIN connectors, so a DIN-laptopadapter convertor will be difficult or do you have it? or where can I find the right one?

And I see MikeC will test it, nice nice nice, I am very curious

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:10 am

PASware wrote:
Hmm to bad, 4 pins connector, and I wanted to use my laptop adapter for it, which has an simple round connector.
You can build an adapter or if you do not use the AC adapter for the laptop you can cut the connector and add the part of the extension cable I will provide.
Usually this type of connector is used at LCD monitors and TV because is able to provide 8A.

PASware

Post by PASware » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:56 am

electrodacus wrote:
PASware wrote:
You can build an adapter or if you do not use the AC adapter for the laptop you can cut the connector and add the part of the extension cable I will provide.
Usually this type of connector is used at LCD monitors and TV because is able to provide 8A.
I see that their is an P4 stylish input connector, is that true?

Only thing I need then is an laptop jack plug and a p4 cable :lol:

And updates about the upcoming review? :)

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:51 am

PASware wrote:
electrodacus wrote:
PASware wrote:
I see that their is an P4 stylish input connector, is that true?

Only thing I need then is an laptop jack plug and a p4 cable :lol:

And updates about the upcoming review? :)
:) Yes you are right there is a stylish P4 input connector and can be used with a laptop jack I will also provide this kit soon but I will not recommend the 5.5x2.5mm jack for more than 5A so not more tan 90W bricks if they are 19V. The P4 connector is no problem can deliver more than 12A . I know that PicoPSU is using 8A or more on this type of connector but I will not recommend more than 5A especially if is a 24/7 system unless you have a good fire insurance :) .

I will offer 65/75W brick probably in one or two weeks and it will include this cable and connector see photo.

PS: regarding the review I have no idea when it will be done Mike is quite busy but I hope it will be soon.

PASware

Post by PASware » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:52 pm

electrodacus wrote:
[...]

:) Yes you are right there is a stylish P4 input connector and can be used with a laptop jack I will also provide this kit soon but I will not recommend the 5.5x2.5mm jack for more than 5A so not more tan 90W bricks if they are 19V. The P4 connector is no problem can deliver more than 12A . I know that PicoPSU is using 8A or more on this type of connector but I will not recommend more than 5A especially if is a 24/7 system unless you have a good fire insurance :) .

I will offer 65/75W brick probably in one or two weeks and it will include this cable and connector see photo.
*Image*

PS: regarding the review I have no idea when it will be done Mike is quite busy but I hope it will be soon.
5A limit is not a problem for me because my setup wil not use more then 90w (at max 60w I believe).
And nice to see that cable :D

I had a PM from MikeC and it will be ready in a couple of weeks, I hope you still have them by then :D

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:34 pm

PASware wrote: I had a PM from MikeC and it will be ready in a couple of weeks, I hope you still have them by then :D
Couple of weeks is a long time but I will have this at least one year from now so no worries :) .

codaroma

Australia shipping costs

Post by codaroma » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:01 pm

How much for shipping to Melbourne Australia? I am only interested in the PSU and ATX cable.

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Re: Australia shipping costs

Post by electrodacus » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:11 am

codaroma wrote:How much for shipping to Melbourne Australia? I am only interested in the PSU and ATX cable.
Shipping to Australia is 18.95 USD.

PartEleven
Friend of SPCR

Post by PartEleven » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:41 am

electrodacus, how is your inventory for this PSU looking like? I ask because in light of my recent motherboard troubles, I might want to grab a PSU + power brick set from you. However, I also want to make sure I've ruled out all other possibilities first, so it might be a while before I make an order. Are these things flying out the window, or do you think you will still have stock a month or so later?

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:37 am

PartEleven wrote:electrodacus, how is your inventory for this PSU looking like? I ask because in light of my recent motherboard troubles, I might want to grab a PSU + power brick set from you. However, I also want to make sure I've ruled out all other possibilities first, so it might be a while before I make an order. Are these things flying out the window, or do you think you will still have stock a month or so later?
Don't worry about inventory. I have plenty :) .

Ksanderash

Post by Ksanderash » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:43 am

electrodacus
This project is very promising. And we can use 2x12V(in series) UPS batteries as well with this DC-DC converter, yes?

And if the UPS battery charging circuitry is powerful enough to sustain additional PC load, then even no need of power brick! But this idea needs a lot of research and rework approval, I suppose ;)

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:34 am

Ksanderash wrote:electrodacus
This project is very promising. And we can use 2x12V(in series) UPS batteries as well with this DC-DC converter, yes?
Yes as long as the charging voltage will not exceed 28V.
Ksanderash wrote: And if the UPS battery charging circuitry is powerful enough to sustain additional PC load, then even no need of power brick! But this idea needs a lot of research and rework approval, I suppose ;)
What do you use as charging circuit you still need a brick to charge the battery.
I think that a better solution is to use Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries then you will have a setup similar to the one in Laptops.
The working voltage for Li-ion batteries is 3V to 4.2V so using 6 cell you get 18 to 25.5V then you will need a simple comparator that will switch down the power supply so that the batteries will not get damaged buy over discharging.
Or you can use only 5 cell Li-ion that will provide 15V to 21V and this power supply will automatically stop working at about 16.3 - 16.5V so the batteries will only be discharged down to 3.3V and not need an additional circuit.