I've done a search and couldn't come up with anything but I was wondering:
Does anyone know of / has anyone used a programme to turn a SSD + Rotational Hard drive set up into a virtual Hybrid Drive?
Eg, what I want is:
1. Say I've got a 64GB SSD drive with my system on it.
2. I record a programme in the middle of the night of say 30GB size, in quiet
3. After 8am, the programme automatically transfers this file to my larger 1TB rotational media storage HDD
4. The SSD is ready to record in quiet during the night again.
5. Maybe even other recordings during waking hours go directly to the rotational HDD. Oh, and the rotational drive needs to be 'killed' outside of waking hours.
BTW, if this was possible, I'd definitely splurge out for a SSD!