Where's that *%&£! PC ?

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

dago
Patron of SPCR

Where's that *%&£! PC ?

Post by dago » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:27 am

Ok, so I folded a lot some time ago, with a few computers (mainly my workstations).

The result were quite nice, about 1600 WU, 25k points.

Since them, many reinstall, not so much interest and I stopped.

Now, I'm re-installing folding client here and there and went back to the stats page to see that I was still folding !!!

So, I have now two questions
- is there another dago folding for SPCR ? (IMHO, unprobable)
- where's that *%&£! PC ???

In any case, bonus question for folders here and there (am too lazy to search) : what's your CPU temp ?

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:04 am

Well, there is a 'DAGO' (all caps) folding for www.overclockers.com.

He's sitting at about 6k in points.

DonP

Post by DonP » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:09 am

Check http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/searchstats
You'll find that there's a "DAGO".. I guess he doesn;t know that the username is case sensitive :)

EDIT: Damn, he beat me to it :) There is a DAGO, but it would be weird for him to also get the group ID# wrong... If he were folding under your username then under your stats page it would say you fold for two teams.

DonP

Post by DonP » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:14 am

Just had a thought, maybe you are accidentally looking at his stats, thinking they are yours, and/or folding for him too.

TRC-13
Patron of SPCR

Post by TRC-13 » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:38 am

I to took a few weeks off and returned and found someone folding by my name for SPCR. Never found out what it was. It was only putting out 30 points a week... Go figure. Most of my boxen put out atleast 10x that number so I know it wasn't one of mine. It may still be folding somewhere I had a whopping 5.8 pointer show up on the stats by itself a few days ago.

dago
Patron of SPCR

Post by dago » Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:14 am

Ok, found it back ... it was on a PC which is part of our lab, @work, which is used to make some experiments from time to time.

today, I've now re-installed a few of the pc and, looked at running processes before doing so, to find that FAHCore was still running on one of them.

But I'm still worried by the low result, as it was a XP1800+ folding 24/7 ... strange ....

In the meantime, I'll probably be able to make them fold until we are ready to run the tests in a few month ...