Nvidia ION for LGA 775 AOpen nMCP7ASt-V GF 9300 and 9400

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Nvidia ION for LGA 775 AOpen nMCP7ASt-V GF 9300 and 9400

Post by electrodacus » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:04 pm

I need to find this board AOpen nMCP7ASt-V (9300) or nMCP7AUt-V (9400) or similar.

Link to AOpen nMCP7ASt-V 9300
Link to AOpen nMCP7AUt-V 9400

It seems as the only board to use the mobile version (ION) of the Nvidia chipset and this will make a big diference for me since is 12W TDP and not 25W or so for the desktop version.
There is no much information about this AOpen board and the price is if you can find one is high over 200$

I need to know.

1. If is possible to undervolt and underclock the CPU.
2. A place I can buy this in Canada for a good price.

Any information about this board or similar is much appreciated I need any board that can be used with my Q8400s so LGA 775 and will use less power than my G31 about 17W max. I do not need any 3D acceleration this is not important for me.
It seems all desktop chipset are using to much power so passive cooling is not possible I need something that is 12w or less and probably the AOpen is the only 775 board that uses a mobile chipset or I may be wrong (they seems to use mobile RAM ) Is also not important to be ITX can be microATX board.

Ksanderash

Post by Ksanderash » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:58 pm

I wonder how do they achieve such decent consumption in a "mobile" chip. Is it cut by frequency or maybe some functionality is disabled?

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:36 pm

Ksanderash wrote:I wonder how do they achieve such decent consumption in a "mobile" chip. Is it cut by frequency or maybe some functionality is disabled?
Is probably undervolted maybe even a bit underclocked usualy you do not need to overclock on a mobile platform so the tolerance can be smaller.
I do not know if they also disable some functionality but for me the power consumption is more important.