Rec. Fans List ?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Tim

Rec. Fans List ?

Post by Tim » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:19 am

Hi All,

I noticed that the fan of choice here seems to be a 'Panaflo' but I cannot for the life of me find a source for them in the UK.

I am currently using Zalman units which I am pleased with but want to get 2-3 more fans to replace the stock Coolermaster units.

Any ideas on a source for Panaflo or anything better that the Zalmans ?

Thanks Y'all.

Tim

PS. Webmaster - Why not also have a Recommended list of Fans ? It would be nice for us newbies to make sure we dont make any mistakes. This site is still the best I have found by miles :-) . Cheers.

GamingGod

Post by GamingGod » Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:14 pm

omg a recomended fan list, its so simple and yet so great an idea. Is there ever gonna be a recommended case section, and a recommended retail premade system?

Gxcad
Patron of SPCR

Post by Gxcad » Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:01 pm

In the UK you may want to look into papst since panaflos I've heard arn't cheap over there anyway, wheras papst are actually more cheap than in the states because they are made in germany. Look for papst fans, they are probably even more quiet than the panaflo's. The panaflo's are only popular here because they are cheap and easy to find (at least, in the states). I got mine for ~$3 U.S. each. Papst over here is $20 per 80mm fan.

-Ken

ez2remember
Friend of SPCR

Re: Rec. Fans List ?

Post by ez2remember » Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:24 pm

Tim wrote:Hi All,

I noticed that the fan of choice here seems to be a 'Panaflo' but I cannot for the life of me find a source for them in the UK.

I am currently using Zalman units which I am pleased with but want to get 2-3 more fans to replace the stock Coolermaster units.

Any ideas on a source for Panaflo or anything better that the Zalmans ?

Thanks Y'all.
Every fan is quieter than the noisy Zalman fans, maybe a slight exageration but Zalman fans are far from quiet even in silent mode (5v). :evil: Anyway here is the address if you want the panaflo fans (80mm low volume are quiet when undervolted, not all sizes of panaflo are quiet).

http://www.overclockingstore.co.uk/brow ... f9c8eaff7c :P

zaphod

Post by zaphod » Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:36 am

UK quiet fan e-tailers:

www.koolnquiet.co.uk
www.kustompcs.co.uk
www.pclincs.co.uk
www.overclockers.co.uk
www.over-clock.co.uk

The above have small selections of papst and some have panaflo. I can personally reccomend papst 12dba fans and have not yet tried panaflo.

Panaflo's cost apx £10 for L1A
Papst apx £15 for 8412NGL.

YS Tech offer a low noise 80mm fan. It is listed on www.overclockers.co.uk at £6 apx 20dba at 12 volts, 27 cfm. I do not yet have experience of these fans but may try one or two in the not too distant future.

Anyone recommend the low noise YS-Tech ?

NeilBlanchard

Another decent fan...

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:44 am

Hello:

Here is a brand of fan -- Silencer, that I have not seen mentioned in these pages:

http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/produc ... /index.htm

I'm not sure why the 92mm version only has an additional 1CFM , but with an increase of 3dB, but the 80mm is pretty good.

shunx

Post by shunx » Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:50 am

GamingGod wrote:omg a recomended fan list, its so simple and yet so great an idea. Is there ever gonna be a recommended case section, and a recommended retail premade system?
you know I once thought about posting such recommendation but feared it might be too newbie-ish... I still think it'd be a good easy-to-access reference resource though.

Tim

Post by Tim » Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:45 pm

Zaphod Wrote
YS Tech offer a low noise 80mm fan. It is listed on www.overclockers.co.uk at £6 apx 20dba at 12 volts, 27 cfm. I do not yet have experience of these fans but may try one or two in the not too distant future.
I just bought a couple of these to try them out. I'll let you know how I get on.

Tim
UK

Tim

Post by Tim » Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:53 am

YS Tech Silent Fan

I have posted my thoughts on these in the 'Fans' group.

In short - dont bother.

Tim
UK

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:41 pm

OK. There is now a Recommended Fans page. You know where to look. Merry Xmas, all.

Tim

Post by Tim » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:16 pm

:D
Hooray!

Do I get a prize for having a good idea Mike?

:wink:

Tim
UK

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:26 pm

Tim, the prize is all yours :mrgreen: