Help needed - Cooltek Silencer Kit - Total newbie

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

antonio

Help needed - Cooltek Silencer Kit - Total newbie

Post by antonio » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:25 am

A friend asked me to install this kit on his computer but I have no Idea what are this pieces for. I have been searching for instructions or a how to but no results so far.

http://www.cooltek.de/Gehaeuse-Zubehoer ... r+Kit.html

Could anybody brief me here, please?

http://www.cooltek.de/index.php?action= ... 3-1_gr.jpg

Does the round things go between the HDD and the rack, or between the screw and the rack?

Are they useful also for the case?

What are the short pegs for?

And the long ones?

Many thanks in advance

Thorsted

Post by Thorsted » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:34 am

Hi, have copied description from that website and added a note

# 12 x Gummislicks lang für Lüfter mit geschlossenem Rahmen - zur Entkopplung von Lüftern mit Standardbauform (2 x 4 Bohrungen im Lüfterrahmen)
-Is a rubber decoupler for the fan long, should be easy to spot how to use if you browse general gallery. Its fixed in screw hole for the fan then pulled into the fan, at least thats how i use them

# 12 x Gummislicks kurz für Lüfter mit offenem Rahmen - zur Entkopplung von Lüftern mit spezieller Bauform (1 x 4 Bohrungen im Lüfterrahmen)
-Is a rubber decoupler for the fan short, works like the long

# 8 x Entkopplungsringe und Schrauben für HDDs - zur Vibrationsdämpfung von Festplatten, die mittels Verschraubung montiert werden (NICHT mit Laufwerksschienen!)
-Rubber rings and screws for the HDD, i cant picture how to use it sorry, would estimate a bigger cage is needed? maybe a bigger hole? perhaps its suppose to inspire to DIY solutions

# 20 x Kabelbinder schwarz 80 x 2 mm - zur Fixierung von Kabelleitungen innerhalb des Gehäuses
-zip ties, can used for many things including cables as they suggest

# 4 x selbstklebende Gummifüße, z.B. für Gehäuse - für eine effektive Geräuschreduzierung von vibrationsübertragenden Gehäusen auf harten Oberflächen
-rubber feet, they suggest case

Hope it helped a bit

AuraAllan
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by AuraAllan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:03 pm

I remember buying a Cooltek silencer kit a few years ago.
If I remember correctly the rubber is quite hard and won't reduce vibration very much.

antonio

Post by antonio » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:42 am

Thorsted wrote:Hi, have copied description from that website and added a note [...] Hope it helped a bit
Thanks, I placed the small rubber rings between the HDD and the metal. It does not look really neat but I hope it works

antonio

Post by antonio » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:43 am

AuraAllan wrote:I remember buying a Cooltek silencer kit a few years ago. If I remember correctly the rubber is quite hard and won't reduce vibration very much.
It is not really hard, on the contrary quite rubbery and flexible

AuraAllan
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by AuraAllan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:23 am

antonio wrote:
AuraAllan wrote:I remember buying a Cooltek silencer kit a few years ago. If I remember correctly the rubber is quite hard and won't reduce vibration very much.
It is not really hard, on the contrary quite rubbery and flexible
Okay. Maybe they changed the compound since I bough the kit.
Great to hear it worked out well for you.